Home » 3 Wheel Motorcycles: License, Registration, Insurance, and More » 3 Wheel Motorcycle License, Registration, and Insurance in Arkansas

Help me MotorcycleZombies, you're my only hope!

3 Wheel Motorcycle License, Registration, and Insurance in Arkansas


Taking care of a task for your license or motorcycle? Be prepared to satisfy any motorcycle insurance requirements.

Please enter your ZIP to get your insurance quote.

Ready to get on the road with your trike or autocycle?

Keep reading for an overview of the licensing, registration, and insurance requirements for 3-wheel motorcycles in Arkansas.

Do you Need a Motorcycle License for a Trike in Arkansas?

Yes, you’ll need to get a motorcycle license in order to legally operate trike in Arkansas. 

For more information, please check out our guide on how to get a motorcycle license in Arkansas.

Do you Need a Motorcycle License for an Autocycle in Arkansas?

In Arkansas, a motorcycle license is not required to operate an autocycle like a Slingshot. A valid Arkansas driver’s license is all you need to legally drive one.

Arkansas 3 Wheel Motorcycle License Test

In order to get a trike motorcycle license, you’ll need to:

  • Pass a motorcycle knowledge exam. 
  • Pass a motorcycle skills test. 

If you complete an approved motorcycle training course, you will be able to skip the DMV skills test. 

You will still need to pass the motorcycle knowledge exam. 

Prepare for your DMV tests with our Arkansas motorcycle permit practice test

Be sure to refer to your state’s motorcycle operator handbook and the 3-wheel motorcycle supplement from MSF. 

How to Register a Trike or Autocycle in Arkansas

Arkansas title and registration for 3-wheel motorcycles, trikes, and autocycles is a similar process to that of 2-wheel motorcycles. 

In general, you’ll need the following items and information:

  • Proof of ownership (Title, MCO, previous registration documents, Bill of Sale).
  • An application for registration and title. 
  • Proof of completion of any necessary safety inspections. 
  • Proof of insurance coverage. 
  • Payment for your license plates, registration fees, and taxes. 

For more details on registering and titling your trike or autocycle, please refer to our guides on the following topics:

Arkansas Insurance Requirements for 3-Wheel Motorcycles and Autocycles

A current motorcycle insurance policy is required to operate a 3-wheel motorcycle on public roads. 

The minimum liability coverage you are required to carry is:

  • $25K for bodily injury to a single person. 
  • $50K per accident. 
  • $25K for property damage. 

The right insurance coverage is a good idea to protect yourself, your financial health, and your vehicle in the event of an accident, theft, or damage. 

Get more details in our guide to motorcycle insurance here. 

Need a quote? Find the right autocycle or trike insurance policy with our free quote tool

Learn more about trike insurance.

Note that state laws and regulations are subject to change, for any questions or further details about 3-wheel motorcycles in Arkansas, please contact the DMV or visit their official website. 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *