Home » 3 Wheel Motorcycles: License, Registration, Insurance, and More » 3 Wheel Motorcycle License, Registration, and Insurance in Nevada

Help me MotorcycleZombies, you're my only hope!

3 Wheel Motorcycle License, Registration, and Insurance in Nevada


Taking care of a task for your license or motorcycle? Be prepared to satisfy any motorcycle insurance requirements.

Please enter your ZIP to get your insurance quote.

Ready to get on the road with your trike or autocycle?

Keep reading for an overview of the licensing, registration, and insurance requirements for 3-wheel motorcycles in Nevada.

Do you Need a Motorcycle License for a Trike in Nevada?

No, in Nevada, you can ride a trike with just your standard driver’s license. 

However, riding a trike is much different than driving a car. 

It can be a good idea to get your motorcycle endorsement OR take a 3-wheel motorcycle training course. 

For more information, please check out our guide on how to get a motorcycle license in Nevada.

Do you Need a Motorcycle License for an Autocycle in Nevada?

In Nevada, a motorcycle license is not required to operate an autocycle like a Slingshot. A valid Nevada driver’s license is all you need to legally drive one.

Nevada 3 Wheel Motorcycle License Test

A standard driver’s license is all you need to ride a trike. 

However, getting a motorcycle license can be a good idea. 

In order to get a motorcycle license, you’ll need to:

  • Pass a motorcycle knowledge exam. 
  • Pass a motorcycle skills test. 

If you complete an approved motorcycle training course, you will not need to take the DMV motorcycle skills test or written exam.

Prepare for your DMV tests with our Nevada motorcycle permit practice test

Be sure to refer to your state’s motorcycle operator handbook and the 3-wheel motorcycle supplement from MSF. 

How to Register a Trike or Autocycle in Nevada

Nevada title and registration for 3-wheel motorcycles, trikes, and autocycles is a similar process to that of 2-wheel motorcycles. 

In general, you’ll need the following items and information:

  • Proof of ownership (Title, MCO, previous registration documents, Bill of Sale).
  • An application for registration and title. 
  • Proof of completion of any necessary safety inspections. 
  • Proof of insurance coverage. 
  • Payment for your license plates, registration fees, and taxes. 

For more details on registering and titling your trike or autocycle, please refer to our guides on the following topics:

Nevada Insurance Requirements for 3-Wheel Motorcycles and Autocycles

Motorcycle insurance coverage is required for trikes and autocycles in Nevada. 

You’ll at least need to meet the minimum liability coverage limits of 15/30/10.

The right insurance coverage is a good idea to protect yourself, your financial health, and your vehicle in the event of an accident, theft, or damage. 

Get more details in our guide to motorcycle insurance here. 

Need a quote? Find the right autocycle or trike insurance policy with our free quote tool

Learn more about trike insurance.

Note that state laws and regulations are subject to change, for any questions or further details about 3-wheel motorcycles in Nevada, please contact the DMV or visit their official website. 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *