Home » 3 Wheel Motorcycles: License, Registration, Insurance, and More » 3 Wheel Motorcycle License, Registration, and Insurance in Wyoming

3 Wheel Motorcycle License, Registration, and Insurance in Wyoming

Getting your motorcycle license? Make sure you have insurance in place for when you hit the road. Answer the questions below to compare custom quotes.

⚠️ ATTENTION: Ready to get your motorcycle license? Be prepared to satisfy any insurance requirements. Click below for a free insurance quote.

Please answer the questions below to get started:

Ready to get on the road with your trike or autocycle?

Keep reading for an overview of the licensing, registration, and insurance requirements for 3-wheel motorcycles in Wyoming.

Do you Need a Motorcycle License for a Trike in Wyoming?

Yes, Wyoming requires you to have a motorcycle license if you ride a 3-wheel motorcycle. 

For more information, please check out our guide on how to get a motorcycle license in Wyoming.

Do you Need a Motorcycle License for an Autocycle in Wyoming?

In Wyoming, a motorcycle license is not required to operate an autocycle like a Slingshot. A valid Wyoming driver’s license is all you need to legally drive one.

Wyoming 3 Wheel Motorcycle License Test

In order to get a trike motorcycle license, you’ll need to:

  • Pass a motorcycle knowledge exam. 
  • Pass a motorcycle skills test. 

If you complete an approved motorcycle training course, you will satisfy the Wyoming DMV testing requirements.

Testing and training on a 3-wheel motorcycle will limit your license to only riding trikes. 

Prepare for your DMV tests with our Wyoming motorcycle permit practice test

Be sure to refer to your state’s motorcycle operator handbook and the 3-wheel motorcycle supplement from MSF. 

How to Register a Trike or Autocycle in Wyoming

Wyoming title and registration for 3-wheel motorcycles, trikes, and autocycles is a similar process to that of 2-wheel motorcycles. 

In general, you’ll need the following items and information:

  • Proof of ownership (Title, MCO, previous registration documents, Bill of Sale).
  • An application for registration and title. 
  • Proof of completion of any necessary safety inspections. 
  • Proof of insurance coverage. 
  • Payment for your license plates, registration fees, and taxes. 

For more details on registering and titling your trike or autocycle, please refer to our guides on the following topics:

Wyoming Insurance Requirements for 3-Wheel Motorcycles and Autocycles

Motorcycle insurance with minimum liability coverage is required to register and ride trikes and autocycles in Wyoming.

The right insurance coverage is a good idea to protect yourself, your financial health, and your vehicle in the event of an accident, theft, or damage. 

Get more details in our guide to motorcycle insurance here. 

Need a quote? Find the right autocycle or trike insurance policy with our free quote tool

Learn more about trike insurance.

Note that state laws and regulations are subject to change, for any questions or further details about 3-wheel motorcycles in Wyoming, please contact the DMV or visit their official website.