SAVE MONEY ON INSURANCE. BUY MORE BIKES!
✔Compare motorcycle insurance rates now!
✔Get matched with top providers. Switch and save.
If you’ve never held any type of license, you’ll begin the process of obtaining an Arkansas motorcycle license by applying for a motorcycle instruction permit. To apply, you’ll need to visit the OMV office and:
- Provide proof of your identity, residency, and legal presence.
- Pass the written exam.
- Pass a vision exam.
- Pay the application and testing fees.
Your motorcycle learner’s permit will be valid for 1 year.
Please visit https://www.dfa.arkansas.gov/driver-services/drivers-license-faqs for official Arkansas motorcycle application information and to make appointments at your local office.
Apply for an Arkansas Motorcycle License
With your learner’s permit, you’ll be able to practice riding and enroll in a motorcycle safety training course.
To receive your standard motorcycle license, you’ll need to either pass the skills test administered by the Arkansas State Police OR complete an MSF rider course.
Once you’ve completed a safety course or passed a skills test, you’ll need to return to the Arkansas OMV office to submit the documentation and receive your full motorcycle license.
Transfer an Out-of-State Motorcycle License When You Move to Arkansas
If you’ve recently moved to Arkansas, you’ll need to visit an OMV office to transfer your out-of-state motorcycle license within 30 days of establishing residency. You’ll need to provide:
- Proof of your identification, residency, and legal presence.
- A completed motorcycle license application.
- Your out-of-state license.
- Payment for the application and testing fees.
You should also be prepared to pass an eye exam and the Arkansas motorcycle license written test.
Arkansas Motorcycle License Eligibility
- Class MD license: 14 to 16 years old.
- Allows you to drive a motor-driven cycle under 250cc.
- Motorcycle Bicycle (MB) certificate: 14 to 16 years old.
- Allows you to ride a motorized bicycle with an engine displacement of 50cc or less.
- Class M license: 16 years old and up.
- Allows you to drive any type of motorcycle.
Once you’ve received your motorcycle license, come on back to MotorcycleZombies.com to learn how to title and register a motorcycle in Arkansas.