Getting your motorcycle license? Make sure you have insurance in place for when you hit the road. Answer the questions below to compare custom quotes.
⚠️ ATTENTION: Ready to get your motorcycle license? Be prepared to satisfy any insurance requirements. Click below for a free insurance quote.
Please answer the questions below to get started:
Use this motorcycle practice test question to prepare for the real written exam at the DMV or during your motorcycle safety course.
How can motorcycle riders reduce the risk of a collision?
- Wear brightly colored and reflective clothing.
- Communicate your intentions.
- Scan for hazards and avoid them.
- All of these.
Find the answer to this question and an explanation below.
This topic may show up on your motorcycle permit test.
The answer is: D. All of these.
How’d you do? Learn more about this motorcycle topic below.
Explanation: Reduce the Risk of a Collision
In order to pass your motorcycle permit exams and to become a safe rider, it’s important to know why a particular answer on the motorcycle written test is correct.
Ultimately, avoiding risks and preventing collisions is the responsibility of the motorcycle rider.
You cannot control what other drivers are going to do, so you must be prepared to protect yourself from hazards as you ride.
Some good ways you can reduce the risk of a collision on your motorcycle include:
- Increasing your visibility to others by wearing bright, reflective clothing.
- Using your headlights at all times.
- Using your turn signals when you turn or change lanes.
- Flashing your brake lights if you need to stop quickly.
- Constantly scan the road ahead and around you for potential hazards as you ride.
- Reduce your speed before you enter curves.
- Maintain an adequate following distance and space cushion around yourself at all times.
By being prepared and proactive, you can reduce your risk of being involved in an accident when you ride.
You can find more information about this topic in the motorcycle rider’s handbook.
Check out more motorcycle permit test questions and answers here.
Find in-depth articles for new riders in our section dedicated to learning how to ride a motorcycle.
Plus, check out an overview of the requirements to get a motorcycle endorsement in each state.