Free Motorcycle Permit Practice Test
- Choose the best answer and receive instant feedback.
- Click next to continue.
- Overall score at the end of the test.
- Random questions each attempt.
Each test contains questions based on information in the motorcycle manual.
Good luck - MotorcycleZombies.com!
Practice Test Results
|Your Total Score|
Are you preparing to get your MO motorcycle permit, license, or endorsement?
This page will provide you with some free practice test questions to help you study.
We’ll also provide you with an overview of what to expect for the test, as well as your options for taking it.
Remember, be sure to read and review the Missouri motorcycle handbook to make sure you know everything you need to know. You can find a PDF link to the official rider handbook here: https://dor.mo.gov/pdf/motoman.pdf
Sample Questions for the MO Motorcycle Test
Each sample question is based on information you may find on the Missouri motorcycle permit test. Choose the best answer. Go to the bottom of the page to find the answer key.
1. What is the single most important thing you can do to improve your chances of surviving a motorcycle crash?
- Wear bright, reflective clothing.
- Ride below the speed limit.
- Wear a long jacket and pants.
- Wear a securely fastened, quality motorcycle helmet.
2. What is a linked braking system on a motorcycle?
- A system that engages both brakes when either lever is applied.
- A technique in which the rider uses both brakes at once.
- An external rod that can be installed to connect the front and rear brake.
- A dangerous feature that should be avoided.
3. A primary cause of single-vehicle motorcycle crashes is:
- Taking a turn or curve too wide.
- Riding too fast.
- Failing to use both brakes at once.
- Failing to obey the right-of-way at intersections.
Basic Rider Courses in Missouri
Taking a motorcycle safety course is one of the best ways to prepare yourself to get a Missouri motorcycle endorsement and become a safe rider.
These courses are designed for any new motorcyclists, even if you’ve never ridden a motorcycle before.
The course consists of a classroom portion and on-bike training.
Continue reading to find out whether or not you’ll be able to skip the DMV motorcycle tests by completing a basic rider course.
Learn more about the details for motorcycle rider education and training here.
In addition to learning how to be a safe rider and having the opportunity to waive your DMV motorcycle tests, completing an approved Basic Rider Course may also earn you a discount on your motorcycle insurance policy.
About the Motorcycle Permit Test in Missouri
Passing the written exam, or motorcycle knowledge test, is one of the major steps towards getting your Missouri motorcycle license.
The test is designed to check your knowledge on a number of topics related to operating a motorcycle safely.
In Missouri, the motorcycle permit test consists of 25 questions.
You’ll need a score of 80% to pass.
If you complete a rider education course, you’ll be able to skip the MO DOR motorcycle knowledge exam.
Missouri Motorcycle Skills Test
After completing the permit test and satisfying any motorcycle permit requirements, you’ll also need to pass a skills test.
The motorcycle skills test will evaluate your ability to control your motorcycle and complete a number of key maneuvers.
The examiner will be looking to see that you can demonstrate basic motorcycle control skills, the ability to avoid obstacles, and the ability to properly navigate a curve.
Other techniques that you can expect to be tested on include:
- Weaving through cones.
- Figure 8s in a box.
- Normal stops.
- Quick stops.
- Turning from a stop.
If you complete a motorcycle training course, you’ll have the opportunity to learn the techniques and practice all of the necessary skills.
Completing a rider education course will satisfy the motorcycle skills test requirements in Missouri.
Answer Key: Missouri Motorcycle Test Sample Questions
Refer to the answer key below to see which questions you answered correctly and which topics you’ll need to study some more.
Follow the questions’ links for an explanation on the correct answers.
1. What is the single most important thing you can do to improve your chances of surviving a motorcycle crash? D. Wear a securely fastened, quality motorcycle helmet.
2. What is a linked braking system on a motorcycle? A. A system that engages both brakes when either lever is applied.
3. A primary cause of single-vehicle motorcycle crashes is: A. Taking a turn or curve too wide.
Need more practice? Check out our large list of motorcycle permit test questions and answers, and explanations.