Free Motorcycle Permit Practice Test
- Choose the best answer and receive instant feedback.
- Click next to continue.
- Overall score at the end of the test.
- Random questions each attempt.
Each test contains questions based on information in the motorcycle manual.
Good luck - MotorcycleZombies.com!
Practice Test Results
|Your Total Score|
Are you preparing to get your OH motorcycle permit, license, or endorsement?
This page will provide you with some free practice test questions to help you study.
We’ll also provide you with an overview of what to expect for the test, as well as your options for taking it.
Remember, be sure to read and review the Ohio motorcycle handbook to make sure you know everything you need to know. You can find a PDF link to the official rider handbook here: https://www.motorcycle.ohio.gov/links/MOP0001.pdf
Sample Questions for the OH Motorcycle Temp Test
Each sample question is based on information you may find on the Ohio motorcycle permit test. Choose the best answer. Go to the bottom of the page to find the answer key.
1. In order to protect you in the event of a crash, jackets and pants should:
- Cover your arms and legs completely.
- Fit snugly.
- Be made of leather or sturdy synthetic material.
- All of these.
2. When holding the throttle, you should start with:
- Your right wrist angled forward.
- Your right wrist flat.
- Your right wrist angled backward.
- Your wrist in the most comfortable position.
3. Where is the clutch lever located on most motorcycles?
- On the left side of the handlebars.
- On the right side of the handlebars.
- Near your left foot.
- Near your right foot.
Ohio Motorcycle Temporary Instruction Permit Identification Card (TIPIC) Requirements
If you are at least 15 1/2 years old, you can apply for an Ohio motorcycle permit.
To do so, you’ll need to:
- Visit your local driver exam station to pass the motorcycle knowledge test and a vision screening.
- Be prepared to provide proof of your identity and Social Security Number.
- Visit you local Deputy Registrar License Agency to purchase the Temp.
- Have your parent or guardian co-sign your application if you are under 18 years old.
With a motorcycle temp, you must obey the following rules and restrictions:
- The TIPIC must be carried with you at all times while riding.
- You can only ride during the day.
- You cannot ride with any passengers.
- You cannot rider on interstates or congested roads.
- You must always wear an approved helmet and protective eyewear.
Riders under 18 years old must also:
- Hold the permit for at least 6 months.
- Satisfy driver’s education and supervised driving requirements.
- Complete a motorcycle safety course.
Once you are at least 18 years old or have held the motorcycle temp for at least 6 months and have satisfied the other permit requirements, you’ll be eligible for a full motorcycle endorsement.
Basic Rider Courses in Ohio
Taking a motorcycle safety course is one of the best ways to prepare yourself to get an Ohio motorcycle endorsement and become a safe rider.
These courses are designed for any new motorcyclists, even if you’ve never ridden a motorcycle before.
The course consists of a classroom portion and on-bike training.
Continue reading to find out whether or not you’ll be able to skip the DMV motorcycle tests by completing a basic rider course.
Learn more about the details for motorcycle rider education and training here.
In addition to learning how to be a safe rider and having the opportunity to waive your DMV motorcycle tests, completing an approved Basic Rider Course may also earn you a discount on your motorcycle insurance policy.
About the Motorcycle Permit Test in Ohio
Passing the written exam, or motorcycle knowledge test, is one of the major steps towards getting your Ohio motorcycle license.
The test is designed to check your knowledge on a number of topics related to operating a motorcycle safely.
How Many Questions are on the Ohio Motorcycle Test?
In Ohio, the motorcycle temp test consists of 40 questions.
You’ll need a score of 75% to pass.
Note that taking a rider’s education course does not waive the Ohio BMV motorcycle written exam.
Ohio Motorcycle Skills Test
After completing the permit test and satisfying any motorcycle permit requirements, you’ll also need to pass a skills test.
The motorcycle skills test will evaluate your ability to control your motorcycle and complete a number of key maneuvers.
The examiner will be looking to see that you can demonstrate basic motorcycle control skills, the ability to avoid obstacles, and the ability to properly navigate a curve.
Other techniques that you can expect to be tested on include:
- Weaving through cones.
- Figure 8s in a box.
- Normal stops.
- Quick stops.
- Turning from a stop.
If you complete a motorcycle training course, you’ll have the opportunity to learn the techniques and practice all of the necessary skills.
Taking a motorcycle training course will also satisfy the requirements for a motorcycle skills test with the Ohio BMV.
Answer Key: Ohio Motorcycle Test Sample Questions
Refer to the answer key below to see which questions you answered correctly and which topics you’ll need to study some more.
Follow the questions’ links for an explanation on the correct answers.
1. In order to protect you in the event of a crash, jackets and pants should: D. All of these.
2. When holding the throttle, you should start with: B. Your right wrist flat.
3. Where is the clutch lever located on most motorcycles? A. On the left side of the handlebars.
Need more practice? Check out our large list of motorcycle permit test questions and answers, and explanations.