Free Motorcycle Permit Practice Test
- Choose the best answer and receive instant feedback.
- Click next to continue.
- Overall score at the end of the test.
- Random questions each attempt.
Each test contains questions based on information in the motorcycle manual.
Good luck - MotorcycleZombies.com!
Practice Test Results
|Your Total Score
- Insurance costs increased in 2024.
- Don't let your rates go up.
- Compare rates to save big!
Are you preparing to get your SC motorcycle permit, license, or endorsement?
This page will provide you with some free practice test questions to help you study.
We’ll also provide you with an overview of what to expect for the test, as well as your options for taking it.
Remember, be sure to read and review the South Carolina motorcycle handbook to make sure you know everything you need to know. You can find a PDF link to the official rider handbook here: http://scdmvonline.com/-/media/Forms/Motorcycle-Manual.ashx
Sample Questions for the SC Motorcycle Test
Each sample question is based on information you may find on the South Carolina motorcycle permit test. Choose the best answer. Go to the bottom of the page to find the answer key.
1.It is especially important to flash your motorcycle’s brake lights before you:
- Slow or stop more quickly than expected.
- Slow or stop in an area where other drivers may not expect.
- Prepare to come to a stop at an intersection with traffic behind you.
- All of these.
2. How far in advance of a turn should you use your turn signal on your motorcycle?
- 50 feet.
- 100 feet.
- 200 feet.
- 500 feet.
3. Where is the motorcycle engine cut-off switch located?
- On the right-side handgrip controls.
- On the left-side handgrip controls.
- In the center of the gauges or instrument cluster.
- On the left side of the gas tank.
Basic Rider Courses in South Carolina
Taking a motorcycle safety course is one of the best ways to prepare yourself to get a South Carolina motorcycle endorsement and become a safe rider.
These courses are designed for any new motorcyclists, even if you’ve never ridden a motorcycle before.
The course consists of a classroom portion and on-bike training.
Continue reading to find out whether or not you’ll be able to skip the DMV motorcycle tests by completing a basic rider course.
Learn more about the details for motorcycle rider education and training here.
In addition to learning how to be a safe rider and having the opportunity to waive your DMV motorcycle tests, completing an approved Basic Rider Course may also earn you a discount on your motorcycle insurance policy.
About the Motorcycle Permit Test in South Carolina
Passing the written exam, or motorcycle knowledge test, is one of the major steps towards getting your South Carolina motorcycle license.
The test is designed to check your knowledge on a number of topics related to operating a motorcycle safely.
In South Carolina, the motorcycle permit test consists of 30 questions.
You’ll need a score of 80% to pass.
You will still need to pass the SC DMV motorcycle knowledge exam if you take a rider training course.
South Carolina Motorcycle Skills Test
After completing the permit test and satisfying any motorcycle permit requirements, you’ll also need to pass a skills test.
The motorcycle skills test will evaluate your ability to control your motorcycle and complete a number of key maneuvers.
The examiner will be looking to see that you can demonstrate basic motorcycle control skills, the ability to avoid obstacles, and the ability to properly navigate a curve.
Other techniques that you can expect to be tested on include:
- Weaving through cones.
- Figure 8s in a box.
- Normal stops.
- Quick stops.
- Turning from a stop.
If you complete a motorcycle training course, you’ll have the opportunity to learn the techniques and practice all of the necessary skills.
The motorcycle training course will also satisfy the skills test requirements.
Answer Key: South Carolina Motorcycle Test Sample Questions
Refer to the answer key below to see which questions you answered correctly and which topics you’ll need to study some more.
Follow the questions’ links for an explanation on the correct answers.
1. It is especially important to flash your motorcycle’s brake lights before you: D. All of these.
2. How far in advance of a turn should you use your turn signal on your motorcycle? B. 100 feet.
3. Where is the motorcycle engine cut-off switch located? A. On the right-side handgrip controls.
Need more practice? Check out our large list of motorcycle permit test questions and answers, and explanations.