Free Motorcycle Permit Practice Test
- Choose the best answer and receive instant feedback.
- Click next to continue.
- Overall score at the end of the test.
- Random questions each attempt.
Each test contains questions based on information in the motorcycle manual.
Good luck - MotorcycleZombies.com!
Practice Test Results
|Your Total Score|
Are you preparing to get your WA motorcycle permit, license, or endorsement?
This page will provide you with some free practice test questions to help you study.
We’ll also provide you with an overview of what to expect for the test, as well as your options for taking it.
Remember, be sure to read and review the Washington motorcycle handbook to make sure you know everything you need to know. You can find a PDF link to the official rider handbook here: https://www.dol.wa.gov/driverslicense/docs/motomanual.pdf
Sample Questions for the WA Motorcycle Test
Each sample question is based on information you may find on the Washington motorcycle permit test. Choose the best answer. Go to the bottom of the page to find the answer key.
1. What should you do when you encounter multiple hazards on your motorcycle?
- Handle all the hazards at once.
- Deal with them one at a time.
- Use your brakes immediately.
- Reposition your motorcycle immediately.
2. The proper body position on a motorcycle should:
- Be uncomfortable.
- Allow your arms to be slightly bent when holding the hand grips.
- Require your arms to be fully extended when holding the hand grips.
- Be as far back in the seat as possible.
3. Which of the following statements about a DOT-compliant helmet is true?
- They allow you to see as far to the sides as necessary.
- They reduce the number and severity of head and neck injuries by ½.
- They improve your chances of surviving a crash.
- All of these statements are true.
Basic Rider Courses in Washington
Taking a motorcycle safety course is one of the best ways to prepare yourself to get a Washington motorcycle endorsement and become a safe rider.
These courses are designed for any new motorcyclists, even if you’ve never ridden a motorcycle before.
The course consists of a classroom portion and on-bike training.
Continue reading to find out whether or not you’ll be able to skip the DMV motorcycle tests by completing a basic rider course.
Learn more about the details for motorcycle rider education and training here.
In addition to learning how to be a safe rider and having the opportunity to waive your DMV motorcycle tests, completing an approved Basic Rider Course may also earn you a discount on your motorcycle insurance policy.
About the Motorcycle Permit Test in Washington
Passing the written exam, or motorcycle knowledge test, is one of the major steps towards getting your Washington motorcycle license.
The test is designed to check your knowledge on a number of topics related to operating a motorcycle safely.
In Washington, the motorcycle permit test consists of 25 questions.
You’ll need a score of 80% to pass.
A rider’s training program will satisfy the WA DOL motorcycle knowledge exam requirement.
Washington Motorcycle Skills Test
After completing the permit test and satisfying any motorcycle permit requirements, you’ll also need to pass a skills test.
The motorcycle skills test will evaluate your ability to control your motorcycle and complete a number of key maneuvers.
The examiner will be looking to see that you can demonstrate basic motorcycle control skills, the ability to avoid obstacles, and the ability to properly navigate a curve.
Other techniques that you can expect to be tested on include:
- Weaving through cones.
- Figure 8s in a box.
- Normal stops.
- Quick stops.
- Turning from a stop.
If you complete a motorcycle training course, you’ll have the opportunity to learn the techniques and practice all of the necessary skills.
Passing a motorcycle training course will satisfy the motorcycle skills test.
Answer Key: Washington Motorcycle Test Sample Questions
Refer to the answer key below to see which questions you answered correctly and which topics you’ll need to study some more.
Follow the questions’ links for an explanation on the correct answers.
1. What should you do when you encounter multiple hazards on your motorcycle? B. Deal with them one at a time.
2. The proper body position on a motorcycle should: B. Allow your arms to be slightly bent when holding the hand grips.
3. Which of the following statements about a DOT-compliant helmet is true? D. All of these statements are true.
Need more practice? Check out our large list of motorcycle permit test questions and answers, and explanations.