Compare FREE Online Quotes for Motorcycle Insurance!
✔Compare motorcycle insurance rates now!
✔Get matched with top providers. Switch and save.
To apply for a motorcycle license or endorsement in Georgia, you’ll need to:
- Visit the Georgia DDS office.
- Complete an application.
- Provide proof of your identification, residency, and legal presence.
- Pass a vision exam.
- Pay the required application and testing fees.
- Pass the motorcycle written knowledge exam and the motorcycle road skills test OR complete an approved motorcycle safety training course.
You must be at least 17 years old to receive a Class M motorcycle license.
Please visit https://dds.georgia.gov/ for official application information and to schedule appointments.
Get a Georgia Motorcycle Learner’s Permit
If you are at least 16 years old, you can apply for a motorcycle instruction permit which will allow you to practice your riding skills and complete a Basic Rider Course before you turn 17 years old.
Transfer an Out-of-State Motorcycle License When Moving to Georgia
If you’ve recently moved to Georgia, you can transfer your out-of-state motorcycle license or endorsement. You’ll need to do so within 30 days. To do so:
- Visit your local DDS office.
- Surrender your out-of-state license.
- Complete the application and provide proof of your identity, residency, and legal presence.
- Pay the required application fees.
- Pass an eye exam.
- Pass the Georgia motorcycle written exam.
If your out-of-state motorcycle license/endorsement is valid you typically will not need to pass a road test or complete another motorcycle safety course.
Once you’ve received your motorcycle license, be sure to come back to MotorcycleZombies.com to learn how to title and register a motorcycle in Georgia.