SAVE MONEY ON INSURANCE. BUY MORE BIKES!
✔Compare motorcycle insurance rates now!
✔Get matched with top providers. Switch and save.
An Illinois Class M endorsement/license allows you to operate any type of motorcycle.
A Class L endorsement/license allows you to operate motorcycle with engines smaller than 150cc.
To apply for a motorcycle license or endorsement in Illinois, you’ll need to:
- Visit the Illinois SOS office.
- Complete an application.
- Provide proof of your identification, residency, and legal presence.
- Pass a vision exam.
- Pay the required application and testing fees.
- Pass the motorcycle written knowledge exam and the road skills test OR complete an approved motorcycle safety training course.
If you are under 18 years old, you’ll need to complete a motorcycle training course and pass a road skills test to get a full motorcycle license.
Please visit https://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/ for official application information and to schedule appointments.
Transfer an Out-of-State Motorcycle License When Moving to Illinois
If you’ve recently moved to Illinois, you can transfer your out-of-state motorcycle license or endorsement. To do so:
- Visit your local SOS office.
- Surrender your out-of-state license.
- Complete the application and provide proof of your identity, residency, and legal presence.
- Pay the required application fees.
- Pass an eye exam.
- Pass the Illinois motorcycle written exam.
If your out-of-state motorcycle license/endorsement is valid you typically will not need to pass a road test or complete another motorcycle safety course.
Once you’ve received your motorcycle license, be sure to come back to MotorcycleZombies.com to learn how to title and register a motorcycle in Illinois.