Home » How to Apply for a Motorcycle License » How to Get an Illinois Motorcycle License

How to Get an Illinois Motorcycle License

ATTENTION: Are you getting your motorcycle endorsement? Make sure you satisfy your state's insurance requirements. Click below for a free quote.

Please enter your zip to get started:

An Illinois Class M endorsement/license allows you to operate any type of motorcycle.

A Class L endorsement/license allows you to operate motorcycle with engines smaller than 150cc.

To apply for a motorcycle license or endorsement in Illinois, you’ll need to:

If you are under 18 years old, you’ll need to complete a motorcycle training course and pass a road skills test to get a full motorcycle license.

Please visit https://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/ for official application information and to schedule appointments. 

Transfer an Out-of-State Motorcycle License When Moving to Illinois

If you’ve recently moved to Illinois, you can transfer your out-of-state motorcycle license or endorsement. To do so:

  • Visit your local SOS office.
  • Surrender your out-of-state license.
  • Complete the application and provide proof of your identity, residency, and legal presence. 
  • Pay the required application fees.
  • Pass an eye exam.
  • Pass the Illinois motorcycle written exam.

If your out-of-state motorcycle license/endorsement is valid you typically will not need to pass a road test or complete another motorcycle safety course.

Once you’ve received your motorcycle license, be sure to come back to MotorcycleZombies.com to learn how to title and register a motorcycle in Illinois.

Need cheaper insurance? ➜