Compare FREE Online Quotes for Motorcycle Insurance!
✔Compare motorcycle insurance rates now!
✔Get matched with top providers. Switch and save.
To apply for a motorcycle license or endorsement in Indiana, you’ll need to already have a standard driver’s license and:
- Visit the Indiana BMV office.
- Complete an application.
- Provide proof of your identification, residency, and legal presence.
- Pass a vision exam.
- Pay the required application and testing fees.
- Pass the motorcycle written knowledge exam.
- Pass the motorcycle road skills test OR complete an approved motorcycle safety training course.
If you do not complete a motorcycle training course, you’ll need to first apply for a motorcycle learner’s permit and pass the road skills test.
Please visit https://www.in.gov/bmv/ for official application information and to schedule appointments.
Transfer an Out-of-State Motorcycle License When Moving to Indiana
If you’ve recently moved to Indiana, you can transfer your out-of-state motorcycle license or endorsement. To do so:
- Visit your local BMV office.
- Surrender your out-of-state license.
- Complete the application and provide proof of your identity, residency, and legal presence.
- Pay the required application fees.
- Pass an eye exam.
- Pass the Indiana motorcycle written exam.
If your out-of-state motorcycle license/endorsement is valid you typically will not need to pass a road test or complete another motorcycle safety course. You may need to provide proof that you’ve completed a motorcycle safety program.
Once you’ve received your motorcycle license, be sure to come back to MotorcycleZombies.com to learn how to title and register a motorcycle in Indiana.