Home » How to Apply for a Motorcycle License » How to Get a Kansas Motorcycle License

Help me MotorcycleZombies, you're my only hope!

How to Get a Kansas Motorcycle License

Motorcycle Insurance Tip!
Save on Motorcycle Insurance in Five Minutes
  • Insurance costs increased in 2024.
  • Don't let your rates go up.
  • Compare rates to save big!
Compare Rates Now Moto Image

To apply for a motorcycle license or endorsement in Kansas, you’ll need to:

  • Visit the Kansas DOR office.
  • Complete an application.
  • Provide proof of your identification, residency, and legal presence.
  • Pass a vision exam.
  • Pay the required application and testing fees.
  • Pass the motorcycle written knowledge exam
  • Pass the motorcycle road skills test OR complete an approved motorcycle safety training course.

You must be at least 17 years old and follow the motorcycle permit steps to be eligible for a standard motorcycle endorsement.

Please visit https://www.ksrevenue.org/ for official application information and to schedule appointments. 

Kansas Motorcycle Permits & Restricted Licenses

Motorcyclist who are at least 14 years old can begin the process be applying for a Kansas motorcycle permit.

The application process follows the steps above.

A motorcycle permit is valid for 1 year and allows you to practice riding under the supervision of an adult who holds a valid motorcycle license themselves.

Once you turn 16 years old and have completed at least 50 hours of supervised driving practice, you can receive a less restricted motorcycle license by passing a skills test or completing a motorcycle safety course.

Transfer an Out-of-State Motorcycle License When Moving to Kansas

If you’ve recently moved to Kansas, you’ll need to transfer your out-of-state motorcycle license or endorsement within 90 days of establishing residency. To do so:

  • Visit your local DOR office.
  • Surrender your out-of-state license.
  • Complete the application and provide proof of your identity, residency, and legal presence. 
  • Pay the required application fees.
  • Pass an eye exam.
  • Pass the Kansas motorcycle written exam.

If your out-of-state motorcycle license/endorsement is valid you typically will not need to pass a road test or complete another motorcycle safety course.

Once you’ve received your motorcycle license, be sure to come back to MotorcycleZombies.com to learn how to title and register a motorcycle in Kansas.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *