To apply for a motorcycle license or endorsement in Kentucky, you’ll need to:
- Visit the Kentucky DOR office.
- Complete an application.
- Provide proof of your identification, residency, and legal presence.
- Pass a vision exam.
- Pay the required application and testing fees.
- Pass the motorcycle written knowledge exam.
Completing these steps will get you a motorcycle permit. You’ll need to hold you permit for at least 1 month before returning to receive your full motorcycle endorsement. While you hold a permit, you’ll need to:
- Pass the motorcycle road skills test OR complete an approved motorcycle safety training course.
Please visit https://drive.ky.gov/Driver-Licensing/Pages/default.aspx for official application information and to schedule appointments.
Transfer an Out-of-State Motorcycle License When Moving to Kentucky
If you’ve recently moved to Kentucky, you can transfer your out-of-state motorcycle license or endorsement. You’ll need to transfer your license within 30 days of establishing residency in Kentucky. To do so:
- Visit your local DOR office.
- Surrender your out-of-state license.
- Complete the application and provide proof of your identity, residency, and legal presence.
- Pay the required application fees.
- Pass an eye exam.
- Pass the Kentucky motorcycle written exam.
If your out-of-state motorcycle license/endorsement is valid you typically will not need to pass a road test or complete another motorcycle safety course.
Once you’ve received your motorcycle license, be sure to come back to MotorcycleZombies.com to learn how to title and register a motorcycle in Kentucky.