To apply for a motorcycle license or endorsement in Mississippi, you’ll need to:
- Visit the Mississippi DPS office.
- Complete an application.
- Provide proof of your identification, residency, and legal presence.
- Pass a vision exam.
- Pay the required application and testing fees.
- Pass the motorcycle written knowledge exam.
- Pass the motorcycle road skills test OR complete an approved motorcycle safety training course.
To receive a Mississippi motorcycle endorsement, you’ll need to be at least 17 years old and already hold a valid driver’s license.
Please visit https://www.dps.ms.gov/ for official application information and to schedule appointments.
Transfer an Out-of-State Motorcycle License When Moving to Mississippi
If you’ve recently moved to Mississippi, you can transfer your out-of-state motorcycle license or endorsement. To do so:
- Visit your local DPS office within 60 days of becoming a resident.
- Surrender your out-of-state license.
- Complete the application and provide proof of your identity, residency, and legal presence.
- Pay the required application fees.
- Pass an eye exam.
- Pass the Mississippi motorcycle written exam.
If your out-of-state motorcycle license/endorsement is valid you typically will not need to pass a road test or complete another motorcycle safety course.
Once you’ve received your motorcycle license, be sure to come back to MotorcycleZombies.com to learn how to title and register a motorcycle in Mississippi.