To apply for a motorcycle license or endorsement in Missouri, you’ll need to:
- Visit the Missouri DOR office.
- Complete an application.
- Provide proof of your identification, residency, and legal presence.
- Pass a vision exam.
- Pay the required application and testing fees.
- Pass the motorcycle written knowledge exam.
- Pass the motorcycle road skills test OR complete an approved motorcycle safety training course.
If you are younger that 16 years old, you can receive a motorcycle learner’s permit with proof of completion of a motorcycle safety course. You’ll need to hold the permit for at least 6 months.
Please visit https://dor.mo.gov/ for official application information and to schedule appointments.
Transfer an Out-of-State Motorcycle License When Moving to Missouri
If you’ve recently moved to Missouri, you can transfer your out-of-state motorcycle license or endorsement. To do so:
- Visit your local DOR office.
- Surrender your out-of-state license.
- Complete the application and provide proof of your identity, residency, and legal presence.
- Pay the required application fees.
- Pass an eye exam.
- Pass the Missouri motorcycle written exam.
If your out-of-state motorcycle license/endorsement is valid you typically will not need to pass a road test or complete another motorcycle safety course.
Once you’ve received your motorcycle license, be sure to come back to MotorcycleZombies.com to learn how to title and register a motorcycle in Missouri.