ATTENTION: Are you getting your motorcycle endorsement? Make sure you satisfy your state's insurance requirements. Click below for a free quote.
Please enter your zip to get started:
Nebraska Motorcycle License Requirements
To apply for a motorcycle license or endorsement in Nebraska, you’ll need to:
- Visit the Nebraska DMV office.
- Complete an application.
- Provide proof of your identification, residency, and legal presence.
- Pass a vision exam.
- Pay the required application and testing fees.
- Pass the motorcycle written knowledge exam and motorcycle road skills test OR complete an approved motorcycle safety training course.
You’ll need to be at least 17 years old to apply.
Please visit https://dmv.nebraska.gov/ for official application information and to schedule appointments.
Nebraska Motorcycle Skills Test
After you pass the motorcycle written test, you’ll need to demonstrate your riding skills.
You have the option of:
- Taking a motorcycle skills test by making an appointment at one of the testing locations throughout the state.
- Completing an approved Motorcycle Rider Course.
If you choose to take the skills test, you will have a maximum of 3 attempts before you’ll need to:
- Complete an approved course.
- Hold an LDP for at lead 90 days.
How Much Does it Costs to Get a Motorcycle License in Nebraska?
The fees for a Class M motorcycle license are as follows:
- 5-year license: $28.50.
Transfer an Out-of-State Motorcycle License When Moving to Nebraska
If you’ve recently moved to Nebraska, you can transfer your out-of-state motorcycle license or endorsement. To do so:
- Visit your local DMV office within 30 days.
- Surrender your out-of-state license.
- Complete the application and provide proof of your identity, residency, and legal presence.
- Pay the required application fees.
- Pass an eye exam.
- Pass the Nebraska motorcycle written exam.
If your out-of-state motorcycle license/endorsement is valid you typically will not need to pass a road test or complete another motorcycle safety course.
Once you’ve received your motorcycle license, be sure to come back to MotorcycleZombies.com to learn how to title and register a motorcycle in Nebraska.