To apply for a motorcycle license or endorsement in Nebraska, you’ll need to:
- Visit the Nebraska DMV office.
- Complete an application.
- Provide proof of your identification, residency, and legal presence.
- Pass a vision exam.
- Pay the required application and testing fees.
- Pass the motorcycle written knowledge exam and motorcycle road skills test OR complete an approved motorcycle safety training course.
You’ll need to be at least 17 years old to apply.
Please visit https://dmv.nebraska.gov/ for official application information and to schedule appointments.
Transfer an Out-of-State Motorcycle License When Moving to Nebraska
If you’ve recently moved to Nebraska, you can transfer your out-of-state motorcycle license or endorsement. To do so:
- Visit your local DMV office within 30 days.
- Surrender your out-of-state license.
- Complete the application and provide proof of your identity, residency, and legal presence.
- Pay the required application fees.
- Pass an eye exam.
- Pass the Nebraska motorcycle written exam.
If your out-of-state motorcycle license/endorsement is valid you typically will not need to pass a road test or complete another motorcycle safety course.
Once you’ve received your motorcycle license, be sure to come back to MotorcycleZombies.com to learn how to title and register a motorcycle in Nebraska.