To apply for a motorcycle license or endorsement in Pennsylvania, you’ll need to:
- Visit the PennDOT office.
- Complete an application.
- Provide proof of your identification, residency, and legal presence.
- Pass a vision exam.
- Pay the required application and testing fees.
- Pass the motorcycle written knowledge exam.
- Pass the motorcycle road skills test OR complete an approved motorcycle safety training course.
You must be at least 16 years old to apply. If you are under 18 years old, a motorcycle training course is a requirement.
Please visit https://www.penndot.gov/Pages/default.aspx for official application information and to schedule appointments.
Transfer an Out-of-State Motorcycle License When Moving to Pennsylvania
If you’ve recently moved to Pennsylvania, you can transfer your out-of-state motorcycle license or endorsement. To do so:
- Visit your local DOT office within 60 days of relocating to Pennsylvania.
- Surrender your out-of-state license.
- Complete the application and provide proof of your identity, residency, and legal presence.
- Pay the required application fees.
- Pass an eye exam.
- Pass the Pennsylvania motorcycle written exam.
If your out-of-state motorcycle license/endorsement is valid you typically will not need to pass a road test or complete another motorcycle safety course.
Once you’ve received your motorcycle license, be sure to come back to MotorcycleZombies.com to learn how to title and register a motorcycle in Pennsylvania.