Compare FREE Quotes for Motorcycle Insurance!
Rates starting at $7/month!
To apply for a motorcycle license or endorsement in Rhode Island, you’ll need to:
- Visit the Rhode Island DMV office.
- Complete an application.
- Provide proof of your identification, residency, and legal presence.
- Pass a vision exam.
- Pay the required application and testing fees.
- Complete the motorcycle safety training course.
Completing these steps will get you a motorcycle permit which you must hold for at least 30 days without any traffic violations or incidents. With the permit:
- You cannot use the freeway.
- You must be supervised by a licensed motorcycle rider who is at least 18 years old.
- You cannot carry any passengers.
Please visit http://www.dmv.ri.gov/ for official application information and to schedule appointments.
Transfer an Out-of-State Motorcycle License When Moving to Rhode Island
If you’ve recently moved to Rhode Island, you can transfer your out-of-state motorcycle license or endorsement. To do so:
- Visit your local DMV office within 30 days of establishing residency.
- Surrender your out-of-state license.
- Complete the application and provide proof of your identity, residency, and legal presence.
- Pay the required application fees.
- Pass an eye exam.
- Pass the Rhode Island motorcycle written exam.
If your out-of-state motorcycle license/endorsement is valid you typically will not need to pass a road test or complete another motorcycle safety course.
Once you’ve received your motorcycle license, be sure to come back to MotorcycleZombies.com to learn how to title and register a motorcycle in Rhode Island.
Compare FREE Online Quotes for Motorcycle Insurance!
✔Compare quotes fast and save money!
Best providers in your area.