To apply for a motorcycle license or endorsement in Tennessee, you’ll need to:
- Visit the Tennessee DOS office.
- Complete an application.
- Provide proof of your identification, residency, and legal presence.
- Pass a vision exam.
- Pay the required application and testing fees.
- Pass the motorcycle written knowledge exam and motorcycle road skills test OR complete an approved motorcycle safety training course.
Please visit https://www.tn.gov/safety/driver-services.html for official application information and to schedule appointments.
Transfer an Out-of-State Motorcycle License When Moving to Tennessee
If you’ve recently moved to Tennessee, you can transfer your out-of-state motorcycle license or endorsement. To do so:
- Visit your local DOS office within 30 days.
- Surrender your out-of-state license.
- Complete the application and provide proof of your identity, residency, and legal presence.
- Pay the required application fees.
- Pass an eye exam.
- Pass the Tennessee motorcycle written exam.
If your out-of-state motorcycle license/endorsement is valid you typically will not need to pass a road test or complete another motorcycle safety course.
Once you’ve received your motorcycle license, be sure to come back to MotorcycleZombies.com to learn how to title and register a motorcycle in Tennessee.