To apply for a motorcycle license or endorsement in Virginia, you’ll need to:
- Visit the Virginia DMV office.
- Complete an application.
- Provide proof of your identification, residency, and legal presence.
- Pass a vision exam.
- Pay the required application and testing fees.
- Pass the motorcycle written knowledge exam.
- Pass the motorcycle road skills test OR complete an approved motorcycle safety training course.
If you are younger than 19 years old, you’ll need to satisfy the Virginia motorcycle permit requirements before receiving your full motorcycle license.
Please visit https://www.dmv.virginia.gov/#/ for official application information and to schedule appointments.
Transfer an Out-of-State Motorcycle License When Moving to Virginia
If you’ve recently moved to Virginia, you can transfer your out-of-state motorcycle license or endorsement. To do so:
- Visit your local DMV office within 60 days.
- Surrender your out-of-state license.
- Complete the application and provide proof of your identity, residency, and legal presence.
- Pay the required application fees.
- Pass an eye exam.
- Pass the Virginia motorcycle written exam.
If your out-of-state motorcycle license/endorsement is valid you typically will not need to pass a road test or complete another motorcycle safety course.
Once you’ve received your motorcycle license, be sure to come back to MotorcycleZombies.com to learn how to title and register a motorcycle in Virginia.