- Insurance costs increased in 2024.
- Don't let your rates go up.
- Compare rates to save big!
If you plan to enjoy Nebraska’s off-road riding areas and trails, you’ll want to know the OHV permit requirements and ATV/UTV laws you’ll need to follow.
This page will provide you with the details on OHV stickers and ATV registration for Nebraska residents and out-of-state visitors.
For more information and other details regarding ATVs, UTVs, and other off-road vehicles and recreation areas, please visit: https://dmv.nebraska.gov/
Nebraska ATV Registration Requirements & ORV Stickers
In Nebraska, ATVs are titled, but not registered.
To title your ATV, you’ll need to visit your local county treasurer’s office with the following:
- Proof of ownership with the MSO, Certificate of Title, or last registration and Bill of Sale.
- A Complete Application for Certificate of Title: https://dmv.nebraska.gov/sites/dmv.nebraska.gov/files/doc/dvr/forms/titleapp.pdf
- A VIN Verification or Affidavit for Verification of Ownership of an ATV, if applicable.
- Payment for the $10 title fee and taxes.
You’ll need to be sure to transfer the ATV title to your name within 30 days of the sale.
ATV & Off-Road Vehicle Laws in Nebraska
Be sure to check the rules, regulations and fees for the Nebraska off-road trails you plan on riding. Local laws and regulations may vary.
Regardless of whether a particular state or trail requires it, ATV/UTV and dirt bike riders and passengers should always wear the proper safety equipment and helmets while riding.
Never operate an off-road vehicle under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
Failing to obey the off-road vehicle laws of Nebraska and the local jurisdiction may result in tickets, fines, and penalties.