Buying a motorcycle? You'll need motorcycle insurance. Just answer a few questions below to compare personalized quotes.
⚠️ ATTENTION: Need to register or title your motorcycle? Be prepared to satisfy any insurance requirements. Click below for a free insurance quote.
Please answer the questions below to get started:
If you’ve got a CB500 twin that you’re working on, you’ve come to the right place.
Whether you’re doing a full rebuild or restoration motorcycle project or you just need to complete some routine maintenance, we’ve got all the information and links to what you need to do the job right.
On this page you’ll find:
- Links to the motorcycle service manual for your CB500.
- Where you can find used CB500s for sale to start a new motorcycle project or get a parts bike.
- Specs, details, and information about the history of the CB500.
MotorcycleZombies.com may earn an affiliate commission when you make a purchase through the links on this page.
CB500 Specs & Details
The Honda CB500 twin motorcycle has had three main periods. The first, from 1975 to 1976, the second from 1993 to 2003, and the third starting in 2013.
The first set of CB500 twins can with the 5-speed parallel twin CB500T in 1975 and 1976.
The next major run was from 1993 to 2003. These were 499cc parallel twins that ceased production in 2003 because the engine design could not meet Euro standards.
The latest run of CB500 twins are the CB500F, CB500R, and CB500X. These are similar to the 1993 to 2003 CB500s with updated engines, new frame design, and some other upgrades.
Specs for the Honda 2013+ CB500 include:
- Top Speed: 116 mph.
- Engine Displacement: 471cc.
- Cylinders/Engine Type: Four stroke, parallel twin engine, DOHC.
- Compression Ratio: 10.7:1.
- Transmission: 6 speed.
- Wet Weight: 414 to 430 pounds.
CB500 Years & Variations
Model years and variations for the CB500 twins include:
- 1975 to 1976 CB500T
- 1994-98 CB500R, CB500T, CB500V, CB500W, CB500SW, CB500X, CB500SX, CB500Y, CB500SY.
- 2013-Present CB500R (faired sports bike), CB500F (naked), and CB500X (adventure).
Find a CB500 for Sale Near You
If you’re looking for a CB500 of your own or need a donor parts bike for your current motorcycle project, you can use the MotorcycleZombies.com used bike search tool to find what you’re looking for.
Click your state below to find used CB500s near you.
These motorcycle search engines search Craigslist listing for the entire state so you don’t have to individually search each specific region.