Buying a motorcycle? You'll need motorcycle insurance. Just answer a few questions below to compare personalized quotes.
⚠️ ATTENTION: Need to register or title your motorcycle? Be prepared to satisfy any insurance requirements. Click below for a free insurance quote.
Please answer the questions below to get started:
If you’ve got a KLR650 that you’re working on, you’ve come to the right place.
Whether you’re doing a full rebuild or restoration motorcycle project or you just need to complete some routine maintenance, we’ve got all the information and links to what you need to do the job right.
On this page you’ll find:
- Links to the motorcycle service manual for your KLR650.
- Where you can find used KLR650s for sale to start a new motorcycle project or get a parts bike.
- Specs, details, and information about the history of the KLR650.
MotorcycleZombies.com may earn an affiliate commission when you make a purchase through the links on this page.
KLR650 Specs & Details
The KLR650 is a dual sport motorcycle that was produced by Kawasaki from 1987 to 2018.
It remained mostly the same from its introduction in ’87 until 2007. In 2008, the KLR650E was updated with better forks, new engine design, a new swingarm, a dual beam headlight, upgraded brakes, upgraded cooling, and new body work.
Specs for the Kawasaki KLR650 include:
- Top Speed: 93 mph
- Engine Displacement: 651cc
- Cylinders/Engine Type: Single cylinder, liquid cooled, 4 stroke DOHC
- Compression Ratio: 9.5:1
- Transmission: 5-speed
- Wet Weight: 432 lbs.
KLR650 Years & Variations
The KLR650 was produced from 1987 to 2018 with variations including:
- KLR650A, which was mostly based on the KLR600.
- KLR650B, or the KLR650 Tengai, which featured Adventure styling with a full fairing to blend with the tank design and a mudguard.
- KLR650C, which featured new bodywork with some upgraded suspensions and brake for off-road use.
- KLR650E, which was the 2008 updated version.
Find a KLR650 for Sale Near You
If you’re looking for a KLR650 of your own or need a donor parts bike for your current motorcycle project, you can use the MotorcycleZombies.com used bike search tool to find what you’re looking for.
Click your state below to find used KLR650s near you.
These motorcycle search engines search Craigslist listing for the entire state so you don’t have to individually search each specific region.
Once you’ve got the bike up and running, be sure to check back to our motorcycle registration and title guides if you need help getting plates (Especially if you’ve bought the KLR650 without a title).