If you’ve got a KZ1000 that you’re working on, you’ve come to the right place.
Whether you’re doing a full rebuild or restoration motorcycle project or you just need to complete some routine maintenance, we’ve got all the information and links to what you need to do the job right.
On this page you’ll find:
- Links to the motorcycle service manual for your KZ1000.
- Where you can find used KZ1000s for sale to start a new motorcycle project or get a parts bike.
- Specs, details, and information about the history of the KZ1000.
MotorcycleZombies.com may earn an affiliate commission when you make a purchase through the links on this page.
KZ1000 Specs & Details
The Kawasaki KZ1000 or Z1000 was introduced in 1976 (1977 model year) as an upgrade to the KZ900.
The KZ1000 featured an inline 4 air cooled engine with a 5-speed transmission.
It became known as one of the fasted production motorcycles at the time, and it continued as a police model up until 2005.
Specs for the Kawasaki KZ1000 include:
- Top Speed: 132 mph.
- Engine Displacement: 1,015cc.
- Cylinders/Engine Type: DOHC inline 4
- Compression Ratio: 8.7:1
- Transmission: 5-speed.
- Wet Weight: 563 lbs.
KZ1000 Years & Variations
Model Years and variations of the KZ1000 include:
- KZ1000 A SERIES (1981-82)
- KZ1000 B LTD SERIES (1976-80)
- KZ1000 C POLICE SERIES (1978-81)
- KZ1000 D Z1-R SERIES (1978-80)
- KZ1000 E (1979-80)
- KZ1000 G1 CLASSIC (1980)
- KZ1000 J SERIES (1981-83)
- KZ1000 K LTD (1981-82)
- KZ1000 M CSR SERIES (1981-82)
- KZ1000 P1-P24 (POLICE 1982-2005)
- KZ1000 R (1981-83)
Find a KZ1000 for Sale Near You
If you’re looking for a KZ1000 of your own or need a donor parts bike for your current motorcycle project, you can use the MotorcycleZombies.com used bike search tool to find what you’re looking for.
Click your state below to find used KZ1000s near you.
These motorcycle search engines search Craigslist listing for the entire state so you don’t have to individually search each specific region.
Once you’ve got the bike up and running, be sure to check back to our motorcycle registration and title guides if you need help getting plates (Especially if you’ve bought the KZ1000 without a title).