If you’ve got a KZ650 that you’re working on, you’ve come to the right place.
Whether you’re doing a full rebuild or restoration motorcycle project or you just need to complete some routine maintenance, we’ve got all the information and links to what you need to do the job right.
On this page you’ll find:
- Links to the motorcycle service manual for your KZ650.
- Where you can find used KZ650s for sale to start a new motorcycle project or get a parts bike.
- Specs, details, and information about the history of the KZ650.
MotorcycleZombies.com may earn an affiliate commission when you make a purchase through the links on this page.
KZ650 Specs & Details
The KZ650 was a mid-sized motorcycle produced by Kawasaki from 1976 to 1983.
It featured an air cooled inline 4 DOHC engine with 2 valves per cylinder.
It was designed to be a lighter, smaller version of the Z900 to compete against the Honda CB650.
Later model years introduced a CDI ignition to replace the points as well as CV carbs.
Specs for the Kawasaki KZ650 include:
- Top Speed: 120 mph
- Engine Displacement: 652 cc
- Cylinders/Engine Type: DOHC Inline 4 cylinder
- Compression Ratio: 9.5:1
- Transmission: 5 speed
- Wet Weight: 485 lbs
KZ650/Z650 Years & Variations
Model years and variations for the KZ650 include:
- 1977-79 KZ650B1, KZ650B2, KZ650B3
- 1977-80 KZ650C1, KZ650C2, KZ650C3, KZ650C4
- 1978-81 KZ650D1, KZ650D2, KZ650D3, KZ650D4
- 1980 KZ650E1
- 1980-83 KZ650F1, KZ650F2, KZ650F3, KZ650F4
- 1981-83 KZ650H1
Find a KZ650 for Sale Near You
If you’re looking for a KZ650 of your own or need a donor parts bike for your current motorcycle project, you can use the MotorcycleZombies.com used bike search tool to find what you’re looking for.
Click your state below to find used KZ650s near you.
These motorcycle search engines search Craigslist listing for the entire state so you don’t have to individually search each specific region.