If you’ve got a Ninja 1000 that you’re working on, you’ve come to the right place.
Whether you’re doing a full rebuild or restoration motorcycle project or you just need to complete some routine maintenance, we’ve got all the information and links to what you need to do the job right.
On this page you’ll find:
- Links to the motorcycle service manual for your Ninja 1000.
- Where you can find used Ninja 1000s for sale to start a new motorcycle project or get a parts bike.
- Specs, details, and information about the history of the Ninja 1000.
MotorcycleZombies.com may earn an affiliate commission when you make a purchase through the links on this page.
Ninja 1000 Specs & Details
The first “Ninja 1000” was produced by Kawasaki from 1986 to 1988. It was also known as the GPZ1000RX.
While it didn’t last long, it was the fasted production motorcycle at the time.
In 2011, Kawasaki released another Ninja 1000, which was unrelated to the previous version from the late 80s.
The modern Ninja 1000SX is a sport touring motorcycle that includes more ergonomic seating, a larger fuel tank, and storage compartments.
Specs for the Kawasaki Ninja 1000 include:
- Top Speed: 152.8 mph
- Engine Displacement: 1,043cc
- Compression Ratio: 11.8:1
- Cylinders/Engine Type: Liquid cooled inline four
- Transmission: 6 speed
- Wet Weight: 502-510 lbs
Specs for the 80s Kawasaki Ninja 1000, or GPZ1000RX, include:
- Engine Displacement: 997cc
- Cylinders/Engine Type: 4 stroke, liquid cooled DOHC 4 cylinder
Find a Ninja 1000 for Sale Near You
If you’re looking for a Ninja 1000 of your own or need a donor parts bike for your current motorcycle project, you can use the MotorcycleZombies.com used bike search tool to find what you’re looking for.
Click your state below to find used Ninja 1000s near you.
These motorcycle search engines search Craigslist listing for the entire state so you don’t have to individually search each specific region.
Once you’ve got the bike up and running, be sure to check back to our motorcycle registration and title guides if you need help getting plates (Especially if you’ve bought the Ninja 1000 without a title).