- Insurance costs increased in 2024.
- Don't let your rates go up.
- Compare rates to save big!
If you’ve got a SR400 that you’re working on, you’ve come to the right place.
Whether you’re doing a full rebuild or restoration motorcycle project or you just need to complete some routine maintenance, we’ve got all the information and links to what you need to do the job right.
On this page you’ll find:
- Links to the motorcycle service manual for your SR400.
- Where you can find used SR400s for sale to start a new motorcycle project or get a parts bike.
- Specs, details, and information about the history of the SR400.
MotorcycleZombies.com may earn an affiliate commission when you make a purchase through the links on this page.
SR400 Specs & Details
The Yamaha SR400 is a class UJM-style motorcycle that has been produced since 1978, with a gap from 2008-2009.
From 1978 to 2013, the SR400 was only sold in Japan.
In 2014 and 2015 it was introduced to European and North American markets.
Specs for the Yamaha SR400 include:
- Top Speed: 81 mph
- Engine Displacement: 399cc
- Cylinders/Engine Type: Single cylinder 4 stroke
- Compression Ratio: 8.5:1
- Transmission: 5 speed
- Wet Weight: 370-384 lbs
Find a SR400 for Sale Near You
If you’re looking for a SR400 of your own or need a donor parts bike for your current motorcycle project, you can use the MotorcycleZombies.com used bike search tool to find what you’re looking for.
Click your state below to find used SR400s near you.
These motorcycle search engines search Craigslist listing for the entire state so you don’t have to individually search each specific region.