- Insurance costs increased in 2024.
- Don't let your rates go up.
- Compare rates to save big!
If you’ve got a VMAX that you’re working on, you’ve come to the right place.
Whether you’re doing a full rebuild or restoration motorcycle project or you just need to complete some routine maintenance, we’ve got all the information and links to what you need to do the job right.
On this page you’ll find:
- Links to the motorcycle service manual for your VMAX.
- Where you can find used VMAXs for sale to start a new motorcycle project or get a parts bike.
- Specs, details, and information about the history of the VMAX.
MotorcycleZombies.com may earn an affiliate commission when you make a purchase through the links on this page.
VMAX Specs & Details
The VMAX (V-Max or VMX1200) is a cruiser motorcycle produced by Yamaha since 1985.
It’s been a popular model since its release, but downsides include poor cornering and suspension.
Specs for the Yamaha VMAX include:
- Top Speed: 150 mph.
- Engine Displacement: 1,197cc.
- Cylinders/Engine Type: DOHC V-4, liquid cooled.
- Transmission: 5-speed.
- Wet Weight: 631 lbs.
Find a VMAX for Sale Near You
If you’re looking for a VMAX of your own or need a donor parts bike for your current motorcycle project, you can use the MotorcycleZombies.com used bike search tool to find what you’re looking for.
Click your state below to find used VMAXs near you.
These motorcycle search engines search Craigslist listing for the entire state so you don’t have to individually search each specific region.