- Insurance costs increased in 2024.
- Don't let your rates go up.
- Compare rates to save big!
If you’ve got a XT500 that you’re working on, you’ve come to the right place.
Whether you’re doing a full rebuild or restoration motorcycle project or you just need to complete some routine maintenance, we’ve got all the information and links to what you need to do the job right.
On this page you’ll find:
- Links to the motorcycle service manual for your XT500.
- Where you can find used XT500s for sale to start a new motorcycle project or get a parts bike.
- Specs, details, and information about the history of the XT500.
MotorcycleZombies.com may earn an affiliate commission when you make a purchase through the links on this page.
XT500 Specs & Details
The Yamaha XT500 was a single cylinder dual-sport/enduro motorcycle produced from 1975-1989.
It shares many components with the SR500 and the off-road TT500.
Specs for the Yamaha XT500 include:
- Top Speed: 82 mph
- Engine Displacement: 499cc
- Cylinders/Engine Type: Single cylinder 4-stroke
- Compression Ratio: 8.3:1
- Transmission: 5 speed
- Wet Weight: 341 lbs
Find a XT500 for Sale Near You
If you’re looking for a XT500 of your own or need a donor parts bike for your current motorcycle project, you can use the MotorcycleZombies.com used bike search tool to find what you’re looking for.
Click your state below to find used XT500s near you.
These motorcycle search engines search Craigslist listing for the entire state so you don’t have to individually search each specific region.