Your motorcycle title is the primary document that demonstrates your ownership of the vehicle.
The title is needed to sell your motorcycle to someone else, transfer the motorcycle to a new state, or apply for a motorcycle title loan.
If you’ve lost the title or it has become damaged, you’ll want to request a duplicate as soon as possible.
This page will provide you with an overview of the steps involved with getting a duplicate motorcycle title in Delaware.
How to Replace a Lost Motorcycle Title in Delaware
Your options for requesting a duplicate motorcycle title include:
- In person at your local Delaware DMV office.
- By mail to the address on the form (include a self-addressed envelope).
To replace a lost motorcycle title in Delaware, you’ll need to:
- Complete a duplicate title application: https://www.dmv.de.gov/forms/veh_serv_forms/pdfs/ve_frm_mv213.pdf
- Provide the motorcycle details including the year, make, model, color, and VIN.
- Provide the license plate number and registration expiration date.
- Provide your information and driver’s license number.
- Pay the duplicate title fee.
Can I get a duplicate title online?
In Delaware, you cannot request a duplicate title online at this time.
Lost Motorcycle Title Cost in Delaware
The fee for a duplicate title is $50.
What should you do if you lost your Delaware motorcycle title?
If your Delaware motorcycle title is lost, you should request a replacement as quickly as possible.
When you sell the bike or move to another state, you’ll need the title in order to transfer ownership. Learn more about motorcycle title transfers in Delaware.
Remember to keep your title, or pink slip, in a safe place away from the motorcycle.
For more information about getting a replacement motorcycle title in Delaware, check out the official DMV website at: https://www.dmv.de.gov/
Need more information? Check out our overview of the requirements for motorcycle titles and registrations in Delaware.