Your motorcycle title is the primary document that demonstrates your ownership of the vehicle.
The title is needed to sell your motorcycle to someone else, transfer the motorcycle to a new state, or apply for a motorcycle title loan.
If you’ve lost the title or it has become damaged, you’ll want to request a duplicate as soon as possible.
This page will provide you with an overview of the steps involved with getting a duplicate motorcycle title in Georgia.
How to Replace a Lost Motorcycle Title in Georgia
Your options for requesting a duplicate motorcycle title include:
- In person at your local county tag office.
To replace a lost motorcycle title in Georgia, you’ll need to:
- Complete a duplicate title application: https://dor.georgia.gov/documents/mv-1-dor-motor-vehicle-titletag-application
- Provide the damaged title, if applicable.
- Provide your motorcycle details and registration information.
- Provide your personal information and address.
- Be prepared to provide proof of your ID.
- Pay the replacement title fee.
Can I get a duplicate title online?
In Georgia, you cannot request a duplicate online at this time.
Lost Motorcycle Title Cost in Georgia
The fee for a duplicate title is $8.
What should you do if you lost your Georgia motorcycle title?
If your Georgia motorcycle title is lost, you should request a replacement as quickly as possible.
When you sell the bike or move to another state, you’ll need the title in order to transfer ownership. Learn more about motorcycle title transfers in Georgia.
Remember to keep your title, or pink slip, in a safe place away from the motorcycle.
For more information about getting a replacement motorcycle title in Georgia, check out the official DMV website at: https://dor.georgia.gov/motor-vehicles
Need more information? Check out our overview of the requirements for motorcycle titles and registrations in Georgia.