- Insurance costs increased in 2024.
- Don't let your rates go up.
- Compare rates to save big!
Your motorcycle title is the primary document that demonstrates your ownership of the vehicle.
The title is needed to sell your motorcycle to someone else, transfer the motorcycle to a new state, or apply for a motorcycle title loan.
If you’ve lost the title or it has become damaged, you’ll want to request a duplicate as soon as possible.
This page will provide you with an overview of the steps involved with getting a duplicate motorcycle title in Hawaii.
How to Replace a Lost Motorcycle Title in Hawaii
Your options for requesting a duplicate motorcycle title include:
- In person.
- By mail (in Hawaii county and Honolulu county)
To replace a lost motorcycle title in Hawaii, you’ll need to:
- Complete a duplicate title application.
- Enter the necessary details about your title and motorcycle.
- Be prepared to provide proof of your identity.
- Pay the replacement title fee.
Can I get a duplicate title online?
In Hawaii, you cannot request a duplicate title online at this time.
Lost Motorcycle Title Cost in Hawaii
The fee for a duplicate title is $5-20, depending on the county you live in.
What should you do if you lost your Hawaii motorcycle title?
If your Hawaii motorcycle title is lost, you should request a replacement as quickly as possible.
When you sell the bike or move to another state, you’ll need the title in order to transfer ownership. Learn more about motorcycle title transfers in Hawaii.
Remember to keep your title, or pink slip, in a safe place away from the motorcycle.
For more information about getting a replacement motorcycle title in Hawaii, check out the official DMV website at:
- Hawaii: https://www.hawaiicounty.gov/departments/finance/vehicle-registration-licensing
- Honolulu: http://www.honolulu.gov/csd/vehicle.html
- Kauai: https://www.kauai.gov/DMV
- Maui: https://www.mauicounty.gov/1328/Motor-Vehicle-Licensing
Need more information? Check out our overview of the requirements for motorcycle titles and registrations in Hawaii.