- Insurance costs increased in 2024.
- Don't let your rates go up.
- Compare rates to save big!
Your motorcycle title is the primary document that demonstrates your ownership of the vehicle.
The title is needed to sell your motorcycle to someone else, transfer the motorcycle to a new state, or apply for a motorcycle title loan.
If you’ve lost the title or it has become damaged, you’ll want to request a duplicate as soon as possible.
This page will provide you with an overview of the steps involved with getting a duplicate motorcycle title in Kentucky.
How to Replace a Lost Motorcycle Title in Kentucky
Your options for requesting a duplicate motorcycle title include:
- In person at your local county clerk office.
To replace a lost motorcycle title in Kentucky, you’ll need to:
- Complete a duplicate title application: https://transportation.ky.gov/Organizational-Resources/Forms/TC%2096-182.pdf
- Provide the title number or license plate number for your motorcycle.
- Provide proof of your identity.
- Pay the lost title fee and notary costs.
Can I get a duplicate title online?
In Kentucky, you cannot request a replacement title online at this time.
Lost Motorcycle Title Cost in Kentucky
The fee for a duplicate title is $6.
What should you do if you lost your Kentucky motorcycle title?
If your Kentucky motorcycle title is lost, you should request a replacement as quickly as possible.
When you sell the bike or move to another state, you’ll need the title in order to transfer ownership. Learn more about motorcycle title transfers in Kentucky.
Remember to keep your title, or pink slip, in a safe place away from the motorcycle.
For more information about getting a replacement motorcycle title in Kentucky, check out the official DMV website at: https://drive.ky.gov/Pages/default.aspx
Need more information? Check out our overview of the requirements for motorcycle titles and registrations in Kentucky.