- Insurance costs increased in 2024.
- Don't let your rates go up.
- Compare rates to save big!
Your motorcycle title is the primary document that demonstrates your ownership of the vehicle.
The title is needed to sell your motorcycle to someone else, transfer the motorcycle to a new state, or apply for a motorcycle title loan.
If you’ve lost the title or it has become damaged, you’ll want to request a duplicate as soon as possible.
This page will provide you with an overview of the steps involved with getting a duplicate motorcycle title in Maryland.
How to Replace a Lost Motorcycle Title in Maryland
Your options for requesting a duplicate motorcycle title include:
- At a self-serve kiosk.
- In person at the MVA or a tag and title service location.
To replace a lost motorcycle title in Maryland, you’ll need to:
- Go online or complete an application for a duplicate title: https://mva.maryland.gov/Documents/VR-018.pdf
- Provide all the necessary motorcycle details as well as your title and registration information.
- Provide your personal information and address.
- Pay the duplicate title fee.
Can I get a duplicate title online?
In Maryland, you can order a replacement title online. To get started, please visit the following link: https://securetransactions.mva.maryland.gov/emvastore/(S(3ge0nwxrcsnno3l03ezqe1pm))/MainMenu.aspx
Lost Motorcycle Title Cost in Maryland
The fee for a duplicate title is $20.
What should you do if you lost your Maryland motorcycle title?
If your Maryland motorcycle title is lost, you should request a replacement as quickly as possible.
When you sell the bike or move to another state, you’ll need the title in order to transfer ownership. Learn more about motorcycle title transfers in Maryland.
Remember to keep your title, or pink slip, in a safe place away from the motorcycle.
For more information about getting a replacement motorcycle title in Maryland, check out the official DMV website at: https://mva.maryland.gov/Pages/default.aspx
Need more information? Check out our overview of the requirements for motorcycle titles and registrations in Maryland.