Home » Lost Motorcycle Title » Lost Motorcycle Title in Minnesota

Lost Motorcycle Title in Minnesota

ATTENTION: Need to replace a lost motorcycle title? Be prepared to satisfy any insurance requirements too. Click below for a free quote.

Please enter your zip to get started:

Your motorcycle title is the primary document that demonstrates your ownership of the vehicle. 

The title is needed to sell your motorcycle to someone else, transfer the motorcycle to a new state, or apply for a motorcycle title loan. 

If you’ve lost the title or it has become damaged, you’ll want to request a duplicate as soon as possible. 

This page will provide you with an overview of the steps involved with getting a duplicate motorcycle title in Minnesota.

How to Replace a Lost Motorcycle Title in Minnesota

Your options for requesting a duplicate motorcycle title include:

  • In person at your local Deputy Registrar’s Office.
  • By mail to:

Driver and Vehicle Services – Central Office

Town Square Building

445 Minnesota Street, Suite 187

Saint Paul, MN 55101-5187

To replace a lost motorcycle title in Minnesota, you’ll need to:

Can I get a duplicate title online?

In Minnesota, you cannot request a duplicate online at this time. 

Lost Motorcycle Title Cost in Minnesota

The fee for a duplicate title is $7.25.

What should you do if you lost your Minnesota motorcycle title?

If your Minnesota motorcycle title is lost, you should request a replacement as quickly as possible. 

When you sell the bike or move to another state, you’ll need the title in order to transfer ownership. Learn more about motorcycle title transfers in Minnesota.

Remember to keep your title, or pink slip, in a safe place away from the motorcycle

For more information about getting a replacement motorcycle title in Minnesota, check out the official DMV website at: https://dps.mn.gov/divisions/dvs/Pages/default.aspx 

Need more information? Check out our overview of the requirements for motorcycle titles and registrations in Minnesota.

Need cheaper insurance? ➜