- Insurance costs increased in 2024.
- Don't let your rates go up.
- Compare rates to save big!
Your motorcycle title is the primary document that demonstrates your ownership of the vehicle.
The title is needed to sell your motorcycle to someone else, transfer the motorcycle to a new state, or apply for a motorcycle title loan.
If you’ve lost the title or it has become damaged, you’ll want to request a duplicate as soon as possible.
This page will provide you with an overview of the steps involved with getting a duplicate motorcycle title in Nebraska.
How to Replace a Lost Motorcycle Title in Nebraska
Your options for requesting a duplicate motorcycle title include:
- In person at your County Treasurer’s office.
To replace a lost motorcycle title in Nebraska, you’ll need to:
- Complete a duplicate title application: https://dmv.nebraska.gov/sites/dmv.nebraska.gov/files/doc/dvr/forms/dupttlapp.pdf
- Include your motorcycle’s information.
- Include your personal information and address.
- Have your signatures notarized.
- Pay the replacement title fee.
Can I get a duplicate title online?
In Nebraska, you cannot request a duplicate motorcycle title online.
Lost Motorcycle Title Cost in Nebraska
The fee for a duplicate title is $14.
What should you do if you lost your Nebraska motorcycle title?
If your Nebraska motorcycle title is lost, you should request a replacement as quickly as possible.
When you sell the bike or move to another state, you’ll need the title in order to transfer ownership. Learn more about motorcycle title transfers in Nebraska.
Remember to keep your title, or pink slip, in a safe place away from the motorcycle.
For more information about getting a replacement motorcycle title in Nebraska, check out the official DMV website at: https://dmv.nebraska.gov/
Need more information? Check out our overview of the requirements for motorcycle titles and registrations in Nebraska.