Your motorcycle title is the primary document that demonstrates your ownership of the vehicle.
The title is needed to sell your motorcycle to someone else, transfer the motorcycle to a new state, or apply for a motorcycle title loan.
If you’ve lost the title or it has become damaged, you’ll want to request a duplicate as soon as possible.
This page will provide you with an overview of the steps involved with getting a duplicate motorcycle title in New Jersey.
How to Replace a Lost Motorcycle Title in New Jersey
Your options for requesting a duplicate motorcycle title include:
- In person at the MVC (with an appointment).
- By mail, in some circumstances. .
To replace a lost motorcycle title in New Jersey, you’ll need to:
- Complete a title application: https://www.state.nj.us/mvc/pdf/vehicles/OS-SS-UTA.pdf
- Provide proof of ownership of the motorcycle.
- Provide the motorcycle details, such as the year, make, model, and VIN.
- Be prepared to present proof of your identity and address.
- Bring the current title, if it is damaged.
- Pay the duplicate title fee.
Can I get a duplicate title online?
In New Jersey, you cannot replace your motorcycle title online.
Lost Motorcycle Title Cost in New Jersey
The fee for a duplicate title is $60.
What should you do if you lost your New Jersey motorcycle title?
If your New Jersey motorcycle title is lost, you should request a replacement as quickly as possible.
When you sell the bike or move to another state, you’ll need the title in order to transfer ownership. Learn more about motorcycle title transfers in New Jersey.
Remember to keep your title, or pink slip, in a safe place away from the motorcycle.
For more information about getting a replacement motorcycle title in New Jersey, check out the official DMV website at: https://www.state.nj.us/mvc/
Need more information? Check out our overview of the requirements for motorcycle titles and registrations in New Jersey.