ATTENTION: Are you complying with your state's insurance laws? Make sure your coverage satisfies your state's requirements. Click below to compare coverage.
Please enter your zip to get started:
These pages will answer the most common questions we receive about motorcycle laws and licensing requirements in each state.
The topics covered in this section include:
- Motorcycle helmet laws.
- Noise restrictions and exhaust and muffler requirements.
- Safety inspections and equipment laws.
- Passenger laws.
- Daytime headlight requirements.
- Lane splitting regulations.
- Title laws and VIN requirements.
- Motorcycle insurance requirements.
- Details about the motorcycle safety course requirements and benefits in each state.
- Motorcycle permit restrictions and steps.
- Whether you need a standard driver’s license to get a motorcycle license.
- Motorcycle license and endorsement requirements.
Click your state before to find your answers and follow links to explore some of these topics in greater depth.