Need to title your motorcycle? We'll walk you through each step. First, let's take care of your motorcycle insuance.
Now is a great time to compare quotes to see if you qualify for a lower rate. Why pay more for insurance if you don't have to? Switch today and save!
⚠️ ATTENTION: Need to title your motorcycle? Be prepared to satisfy any insurance requirements. Click below for a free insurance quote.
Please answer the questions below to get started:
When you buy a motorcycle or move from another state, you’ll need to transfer the title within the Georgia DOR’s specified time frame in order to stay compliant and avoid any penalties.
This page will provide you with the details and requirements for getting a motorcycle title in Georgia.
After that, you’ll be ready to get your Georgia motorcycle registration and license plate.
How do I transfer ownership of a motorcycle in Georgia?
The most important step in transferring ownership when you buy or sell a motorcycle is completing the title transfer.
In order to transfer ownership of a motorcycle, both the buyer and the seller will need to fill out and sign the title.
The seller should also create a Bill of Sale that both parties should sign and retain a copy of.
After that, the buyer will need to take their application documents, including the signed motorcycle title, to their local DOR in order to complete the title transfer process.
The seller may need to notify the DOR of the sale by submitting a notice of transfer and release of liability form.
How to Fill Out a Georgia Motorcycle Title
The first step in any title transfer is having the existing title filled out and signed by both the buyer and the seller.
Before you start to fill out your Georgia motorcycle title, be sure to:
- Use blue or black ink only.
- Avoid crossing out or whiting out any items on the title as this can void it.
- Have taken care of any name changes beforehand.
- Have removed any old lienholder information, if applicable.
- Have both registered owners present to sign the title if the names are joined by “and.”
Always be sure to follow the instructions on your specific title and refer to your state’s official DOR for any questions.
To fill out a Georgia motorcycle title:
- On the back of the motorcycle title, include the buyer’s information and the date of the sale.
- Include the seller’s county.
- Record the odometer reading.
- Print and sign the seller’s name.
- Print and sign the buyer’s name.
Georgia Motorcycle Title Transfers
A motorcycle title transfer proceeds like any other vehicle title transfer in Georgia.
Here is what you need to transfer a Georgia motorcycle title into your name:
- Visit your local county tag office.
- Complete a Title/Tag application: https://eservices.drives.ga.gov/?Link=TtlReg
- Submit the properly signed and filled title.
- Pay the applicable title fees.
If you’ve just purchased your motorcycle, you’ll need to transfer the title within 30 days.
How much does it cost to transfer a motorcycle title in Georgia?
The fees for Georgia motorcycle title transfers include:
- Title fee: $18.
For more information about motorcycle title transfers in Georgia, check out the official DOR website at: https://dor.georgia.gov/motor-vehicles
Need more information? Check out our overview of the requirements for motorcycle titles and registrations in Georgia.