When you buy a motorcycle or move from another state, you’ll need to transfer the title within the Nevada DMV’s specified time frame in order to stay compliant and avoid any penalties.
This page will provide you with the details and requirements for getting a motorcycle title in Nevada.
After that, you’ll be ready to get your Nevada motorcycle registration and license plate.
How do I transfer ownership of a motorcycle in Nevada?
The most important step in transferring ownership when you buy or sell a motorcycle is completing the title transfer.
In order to transfer ownership of a motorcycle, both the buyer and the seller will need to fill out and sign the title.
The seller should also create a Bill of Sale that both parties should sign and retain a copy of.
After that, the buyer will need to take their application documents, including the signed motorcycle title, to their local DMV in order to complete the title transfer process.
The seller may need to notify the DMV of the sale by submitting a notice of transfer and release of liability form.
How to Fill Out a Nevada Motorcycle Title
The first step in any title transfer is having the existing title filled out and signed by both the buyer and the seller.
Before you start to fill out your Nevada motorcycle title, be sure to:
- Use blue or black ink only.
- Avoid crossing out or whiting out any items on the title as this can void it.
- Have taken care of any name changes beforehand.
- Have removed any old lienholder information, if applicable.
- Have both registered owners present to sign the title if the names are joined by “and.”
Always be sure to follow the instructions on your specific title and refer to your state’s official DMV for any questions.
To fill out a Nevada motorcycle title:
- Record the buyer’s name, driver’s license number, and address on the lines for the buyer.
- Record the motorcycle’s current mileage.
- Have the seller sign and print their name on the “Seller” lines.
- Record the seller’s driver’s license number and the date of the sale.
- Have the buyer sign and print their name on the “Buyer” lines.
Nevada Motorcycle Title Transfers
A motorcycle title transfer proceeds like any other vehicle title transfer in Nevada.
Here is what you need to transfer a Nevada motorcycle title into your name:
- Make an appointment and visit the DMV office.
- Provide the proof of ownership documents (signed-over title).
- Include the bill of sale, if applicable.
- Pay the necessary title fees.
You need to register a newly purchased motorcycle within 30 days.
How much does it cost to transfer a motorcycle title in Nevada?
The fees for Nevada motorcycle title transfers include:
- Title transfer fee: $29.25.
For more information about motorcycle title transfers in Nevada, check out the official DMV website at: https://dmvnv.com/index.htm
Need more information? Check out our overview of the requirements for motorcycle titles and registrations in Nevada.