⚠️ ATTENTION: Need to title your motorcycle? Be prepared to satisfy any insurance requirements. Click below for a free insurance quote.
Please enter your ZIP to get started:
When you buy a motorcycle or move from another state, you’ll need to transfer the title within the Wyoming DOT’s specified time frame in order to stay compliant and avoid any penalties.
This page will provide you with the details and requirements for getting a motorcycle title in Wyoming.
After that, you’ll be ready to get your Wyoming motorcycle registration and license plate.
How do I transfer ownership of a motorcycle in Wyoming?
The most important step in transferring ownership when you buy or sell a motorcycle is completing the title transfer.
In order to transfer ownership of a motorcycle, both the buyer and the seller will need to fill out and sign the title.
The seller should also create a Bill of Sale that both parties should sign and retain a copy of.
After that, the buyer will need to take their application documents, including the signed motorcycle title, to their local DOT in order to complete the title transfer process.
The seller may need to notify the DOT of the sale by submitting a notice of transfer and release of liability form.
How to Fill Out a Wyoming Motorcycle Title
The first step in any title transfer is having the existing title filled out and signed by both the buyer and the seller.
Before you start to fill out your Wyoming motorcycle title, be sure to:
- Use blue or black ink only.
- Avoid crossing out or whiting out any items on the title as this can void it.
- Have taken care of any name changes beforehand.
- Have removed any old lienholder information, if applicable.
- Have both registered owners present to sign the title if the names are joined by “and.”
Always be sure to follow the instructions on your specific title and refer to your state’s official DOT for any questions.
To fill out a Wyoming motorcycle title:
- On the back of the title, you’ll find the areas you’ll need to fill out.
- Record the buyer’s information on the appropriate lines.
- Record the odometer reading.
- Have the seller sign and print their name on the Signature of Seller Lines.
- Have the buyer sign and print their name on the Purchaser’s Signature line.
Wyoming Motorcycle Title Transfers
A motorcycle title transfer proceeds like any other vehicle title transfer in Wyoming.
Here is what you need to transfer a Wyoming motorcycle title into your name:
- Visit your local county clerk.
- Complete an application: https://www.dot.state.wy.us/files/live/sites/wydot/files/shared/Motor%20Vehicle%20Services/2020%20TITLE%20APP-VIN%20INSPECTION%20FORM%20-%20FEB%202020.pdf
- Present the signed over and filled out title and any other necessary proof of ownership.
- Pay the title transfer fee.
How much does it cost to transfer a motorcycle title in Wyoming?
The fees for Wyoming motorcycle title transfers include:
- Title transfer: $15.
For more information about motorcycle title transfers in Wyoming, check out the official DOT website at: http://www.dot.state.wy.us/home/titles_plates_registration.html
Need more information? Check out our overview of the requirements for motorcycle titles and registrations in Wyoming.