If you store your motorcycle outdoors, a proper cover is a must.
A good cover will not only protect from the elements, but will prevent the bike from getting scratched, allow the cover to breathe to prevent moisture and condensation, and strong enough to stand up to the heat of the exhaust and against tears from sharper points or corners on the bike.
The Velmia motorcycle cover is our pick for the best waterproof, all season cover for a wide range of bikes.
It’s pretty affordable too.
MotorcycleZombies.com may earn an affiliate commission when you make a purchase through the links on this page.
Top Picks for Motorcycle Storage Covers
|Velmia Motorcycle Cover||Go ⇀|
|Amazon Basics Deluxe Motorcycle Cover||$79.41||Go ⇀|
|WDLHQC Waterproof Motorcycle Cover||$19.99||Go ⇀|
|XYZCTEM Motorcycle Cover||$25.99||Go ⇀|
Our top picks for the best outdoor motorcycle covers are:
- Velmia motorcycle cover.
- AmazonBasics Delux Motorcycle Cover.
- WDLHQC Waterproof All Weather Cover.
- XYZCTEM All Season Motorcycle Cover.
Check out the features and highlights below!
What is the best material for a motorcycle cover?
There are a few different qualities to look for in your motorcycle’s cover material. These include:
- Breathable fabric or ventilation to prevent condensation, moisture, and heat build up.
- Weather-resistant fabric that will stand up to rain, wind, and debris.
- Tear-resistant fabric that won’t rip when you put the cover on and off.
- Inner material that won’t scratch your motorcycle’s finish.
What is the best outdoor motorcycle cover?
If you store your bike outside, a good cover is a must-have. You’ll need something to protect your bike from the elements it’ll face, allow for extra security if necessary, and keep you license plate visible if you park on the street.
In addition to Velmia motorcycle cover, some other great choices for the best outdoor and waterproof covers include:
- AmazonBasics Delux Motorcycle Cover
- WDLHQC Waterproof All Weather Cover
- XYZCTEM All Season Motorcycle Cover
Believe it or not, the AmazonBasics motorcycle cover is actually one of the more expensive ones your can get. If you’re looking for a low-cost budget cover and can get past the strange brand names, the WDLHQC and XYZCTEM covers are some decent options.
Velmia Outdoor Waterproof Motorcycle Cover
The Velmia motorcycle cover stands out from the pack in terms of price, quality, and features.
If you’re looking for a durable cover that seems to have considered just about everything into the design, this is the cover for you.
The Velmia motorcycle cover features:
- Sizes from Medium (81″ x 35″ x 47″) to XXL (104″x 41″ x 51″) to fit up to even the largest cruisers.
- Reflective panels to provide visibility when parking on the street at night.
- Weather-resistant and tear-resistant material.
- Elastic hems to create a snug closure.
- Additional adjustable securing straps.
- Reinforced openings for locks.
- Heat resistant fabric up to 575 degrees to prevent melting near the engine and exhaust.
- See-through license plate window.
- Taped seams for better waterproofing.
- Ventilation openings and breathable fabric.
Whether you’re storing your bike on a public street or locking it up in a private parking space, this cover has all the features and functionalities you’ll need without breaking the bank.
AmazonBasics Delux Motorcycle Cover
Available in a variety of sizes to fit all types of bike, the AmazonBasics cover is another good choice.
It’s a fairly simple cover with built in hooks for securing it to your bike, a heat shield near the tail pipe, and an included bag for easy storage.
Made from reasonably durable fabric with taped seams for waterproofing.
Downside here is the price point, but it’s backed by a 1-year limited warranty.
WDLHQC Waterproof All Weather Cover
Available in Large (87″) and XXL (105″) this motorcycle cover features an integrated lock hole, waterproof material on the inside and out, and clip buckles to keep it secure.
For the low cost, it’s a great option.
XYZCTEM All Season Motorcycle Cover
The XYZCTEM is another good choice for a cheap motorcycle cover.
Decent weather protection, integrated lock hole, and a snug fit at the bottom.
While many of these covers a built from breathable materials, they all lack vent holes, which in combination with the material itself provides the best air flow for the bike.
Do you need a bike cover?
If you live in a place with some harsh rain and wind, it’s definitely best to store your bike indoors.
However, if you don’t have an option but to keep your bike outside, a good cover is going to save you some trouble and protect your motorcycle.
Go with a cheap cover if you live and park somewhere where the weather is mild.
Spend a little more money for a quality cover that’s going to last (like the Velmia) if you park outside often – especially on public streets.
Do you have experiences with any of these motorcycle covers? Maybe you’re using something different? Share your experience in the comments below.