Find the Best Motorcycle Camping Tent
A proper tent for motorcycle camping really only need to meet a few requirements, including:
- Lightweight and compact so it won’t take up too much space on your bike.
- Easy to set up and take down so you can get back on the road when you need to.
- Comfortable and effective in keeping you dry and protected from bugs as you sleep.
The Featherstone is an excellent choice for a tent for motorcycle camping. It can fit 2 people and gives you the option to modify your set up so you only need to pack exactly what you’ll need.
MotorcycleZombies.com may earn an affiliate commission when you make a purchase through the links on this page.
Featherstone Motorcycle Backpacking Tent Features
The Featherstone tent is a lightweight, compact, weatherproof, and durable tent the fits the bill for motorcycle camping at a very reasonable price.
This tent features:
- Taped and sealed seams to protect against rain and prevent leakage.
- Floor of the tent is designed to keep you and your stuff dry on wet ground.
- Quick set up with aluminum poles.
- Freestanding design.
- Floor dimensions of 84″ x 51.”
- Pack weight of 3.8 to 6 pounds depending on the setup you’ll use.
The tent rolls up and stores in a lightweight, compact carrying bag that’s approximately 17.5″ x 6.”
It won’t take up too much space on your bike and should be able to fit comfortable strapped to your seat or your pannier bags.
Best Tents for Motorcycle Camping: More Top Rated Options
Maybe you need something a little bigger or a little smaller for your motorcycle camping trip – we’ve got some more good options for you below.
In addition to Featherstone camping tent, some other great choices for the best tent for motorcycle camping include:
- Vuz Waterproof Tent with space for a motorcycle.
- Stansport Scout 2 person A-Frame tent.
- Camppal 1 person camping tent.
Vuz Motorcycle Camping Tent
The Vuz motorcycle tent is the perfect option for longer camping trips where you might be staying for multiple nights in the same place.
It’s a larger (8′ x 18′) tent with internal space for your bike and your gear.
Stansport Scout A-Frame Tent
If you’re looking for something cheap and simple, this A-frame tent is the way to go.
Small, lightweight footprint with a dead simple setup, this tent is one of the easiest choices for camping with your bike.
Camppal Single Person Tent
If you’re going solo or don’t need too much space, this single person 4-season tent from Camppal is a good option.
At about 3.5 pounds and a storage size of about 5″ x 17,” this tent will easily fit on any motorcycle.
Hit the Road, Get into Nature, and Get Free
It’s hard to beat the sense of freedom you get when you load up what you need on your bike and hit the open road to sleep outside along the way.
You don’t need much, but some compact, quality gear definitely comes in handy.
Whether you’re in for a long trip, a short trip, or you’re not quite sure yet, the tents we’ve reviewed are sure to suit your needs.
Do you have experiences with any of these motorcycle camping tents? Maybe you’re using something different? Share your experience in the comments below.