SAVE MONEY ON INSURANCE. BUY MORE BIKES!
✔Compare motorcycle insurance rates now!
✔Get matched with top providers. Switch and save.
Find the Best Tie Down Straps for your Bike
If you’re going to be moving your motorcycle on a trailer, in a truck, or in a van, you’ve got to have a proper tie down system.
You need some that’s strong enough to secure and hold your motorcycle, and something that won’t damage the bike as you tighten it.
If you’re looking for the strongest straps that’ll stand up to any transport job, Tank Straps motorcycle straps are the way to go.
MotorcycleZombies.com may earn an affiliate commission when you make a purchase through the links on this page.
Top Picks for Tie Down Straps for Motorcycles
Our top picks for the best tie down straps are:
Tank Straps Motorcycle Tie Down System Features
The Tank Straps motorcycle tie downs are some seriously heavy duty straps.
These are going to work regardless of how you tow your motorcycle – trailers, truck beds, vans.
These motorcycle ratchet straps feature:
- 2″ x 10′ heavy duty webbing straps with a 10,000 pound break point.
- An endless loop design that eliminates the need for hooks near your bike than can cause scratches or other damage.
- USA manufacturing.
- 4,400 pound strap/buckle working strength.
- Non-stretch strap fabric.
- Secure ratchet system.
While these straps are somewhat more expensive than other ratchet systems out there, the Tank Straps are the way to go if you want the best motorcycle tie downs you can get.
How to Tie Down a Motorcycle
The best way to tie down your motorcycle is to:
- Pull the front wheel towards the end of your trailer or secure it in a wheel chock.
- Secure a strap to an anchor point on the trailer on the left side of your bike and through the lower fork tube.
- Tighten the strap, but leave some slack until the other side is secure.
- Repeat the process on the right side.
- Tighten the straps all the way.
- Add any additional strap near the rear wheel are necessary, but avoid bottoming out the suspension.
You can place rags under any hooks your tie downs may use. Avoid strapping around cables or wires on your motorcycle.
Best Motorcycle Tie Down Systems: More Top Rated Options
In addition to Tank Straps, some other great choices for the best tie down straps include:
Aerofast Motorcycle Ratchet Straps
This 2-pack of motorcycle ratchet straps from Aerofast are an excellent affordable choice.
Hook and soft loop design make it easy to secure the bike without damaging it.
Tie-down carabiner includes a swivel point to prevent webbing from twisting up during load and transport.
2,700 pound break strength.
Rhino USA Motorcycle Tie Downs
This 2-pack of cam-buckle tie down straps are perfect for securing your motorcycle to a trailer.
Spring-loaded hook clip and integrated soft loops make strapping down your bike quick and easy.
3,328 pound break strength.
Sunferno Ratchet Straps
These ratchet straps are a good choice if you’re looking for a budget option.
Package comes with 4, 15-foot straps and ratchets with a simple hook and loop design.
2,500 pound break strength, 833 pound working load.
How to Transport a Motorcycle Safely
You’ve got options when it comes to transporting your bike. These include:
- Towing it in a trailer.
- Hauling it in a truck or van.
- Placing it on a tow hitch.
- Shipping it with a motorcycle shipping company.
Aside from going with a shipping company, some good tie down straps are definitely an important part of transporting the bike.
A quality wheel chock is a good idea too.
Towing your motorcycle on a trailer or in a truck on the highway can be a stressful experience.
Take the worry and the hassle out of it with some quality tie down straps.
Do you have experiences with any of these tie down straps? Maybe you’re using something different? Share your experience in the comments below.