Register & Title a Motorcycle in Arizona

This page will cover the street legal requirements and motorcycle registration and title process in Arizona and provide some tips on how to register if you bought the motorcycle without a title.

Arizona Title & Inspection Requirements for Used Motorcycles

  • Does Arizona have an equipment/safety inspection?
    • Periodic safety/equipment inspection required.
  • Does Arizona require VIN Inspections for motorcycles bought out of state?
    • No VIN inspection requirement unless motorcycle has no out of state proof of ownership.
  • Does Arizona require a title for old motorcycles?
    • Yes, titles required for all motorcycles.

How to Title and Register a Motorcycle in Arizona

To title and register your bike in Arizona, you’ll need:

Notarization Required on the following documents in Arizona:

  • Bill of Sale
  • Title and title application.

How to register a Motorcycle with No Title in Arizona

Here are some of your options when it comes to registering an Arizona motorcycle with no title:

Option 1: Motorcycles from AZ

Before sale is complete, ask previous owner to get a duplicate title:

Option 2: Bikes from outside Arizona

If the motorcycle was bought in a state that requires titles:

Option 3: Register in a No-Title State

Register the bike in a non-title, no residency requirement, mail-in registration application state, such as Vermont.

Arizona Street Legal Motorcycle Equipment Requirements

Arizona motorcycles must have:

  • Rearview mirrors.
  • Passenger footrests when riding with a passenger.

This information was correct at the time of writing it, but state laws are subject to change.


1 thought on “Register & Title a Motorcycle in Arizona”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top