This page will cover the street legal requirements and motorcycle registration and title process in Arizona and provide some tips on how to register if you bought the motorcycle without a title.
Arizona Title & Inspection Requirements for Used Motorcycles
- Does Arizona have an equipment/safety inspection?
- Periodic safety/equipment inspection required.
- Does Arizona require VIN Inspections for motorcycles bought out of state?
- No VIN inspection requirement unless motorcycle has no out of state proof of ownership.
- Does Arizona require a title for old motorcycles?
- Yes, titles required for all motorcycles.
How to Title and Register a Motorcycle in Arizona
To title and register your bike in Arizona, you’ll need:
- Signed and notarized title.
- Bill of sale and old registration if bought in a state that doesn’t issue titles.
- Title and Registration Application
- Title and registration fees.
Notarization Required on the following documents in Arizona:
- Bill of Sale
- Title and title application.
How to register a Motorcycle with No Title in Arizona
Here are some of your options when it comes to registering an Arizona motorcycle with no title:
Option 1: Motorcycles from AZ
Before sale is complete, ask previous owner to get a duplicate title:
- Check the duplicate boxes on the Title Application
Option 2: Bikes from outside Arizona
If the motorcycle was bought in a state that requires titles:
- Have the previous owner request a duplicate title in that state.
- Find motorcycle registration and title details for all states here.
Option 3: Register in a No-Title State
Register the bike in a non-title, no residency requirement, mail-in registration application state, such as Vermont.
- Follow the registration requirements in Vermont.
- Transfer your registration to your own state.
Arizona Street Legal Motorcycle Equipment Requirements
Arizona motorcycles must have:
- Rearview mirrors.
- Passenger footrests when riding with a passenger.
This information was correct at the time of writing it, but state laws are subject to change.