⚠️ ATTENTION: Need to register or title your motorcycle? Be prepared to satisfy any insurance requirements. Click below for a free insurance quote.
Please enter your ZIP to get started:
This page will cover the motorcycle registration and title process in Arkansas and provide some tips on how to register if you bought the motorcycle without a title.
Learn more about motorcycle title transfers in Arkansas.
Arkansas Title & Inspection Requirements for Used Motorcycles
- Does Arkansas have an equipment/safety inspection?
- No, not required.
- Does Arkansas require VIN Inspections for motorcycles bought out of state?
- Required for out of state motorcycles. Performed by law enforcement.
- Does Arkansas require a title for old motorcycles?
- Yes, all motorcycles are titled.
How to Title and Register a Motorcycle in Arkansas
To title and register your bike in Arkansas, you’ll need:
- Signed motorcycle title.
- Bill of sale and old registration if bought in a state that doesn’t issue titles.
- VIN inspection for out of state motorcycles.
- Application for Title and Registration
- Proof of assessment from county assessor.
- Proof of having previous property taxes paid.
- Proof of insurance.
- Sales tax, registration and title fees.
Find more information about Arkansas motorcycle registration and registration renewal.
Register a Motorcycle with No Title in Arkansas
Option 1: Arkansas purchases
Before sale is complete, ask previous owner to get a duplicate title:
Learn how to replace a lost motorcycle title in Arkansas.
Option 2: Bikes from out of state
If the motorcycle was bought in a state that requires motorcycle titles:
- Have the previous owner request a duplicate title in that state.
- Find motorcycle registration and title details for all states here.
Option 3: Register in a No-Title State
Register the bike in a non-title, no residency requirement, mail-in registration application state, such as Vermont.
- Follow the registration requirements in Vermont.
- Transfer your registration to your own state.
Arkansas Street Legal Motorcycle Equipment Requirements
Arkansas requires motorcycles to have:
- Rearview mirrors.
- Passenger footrest and handholds when riding with a passenger.
- Turn signals.
- Daytime headlights.
Learn more about street legal motorcycle requirements.
This information was correct at the time of writing it, but state laws are subject to change.