⚠️ ATTENTION: Need to register or title your motorcycle? Be prepared to satisfy any insurance requirements. Click below for a free insurance quote.
Please enter your ZIP to get started:
This page will cover the street legal requirements and registration and title process in Florida and provide some tips on how to register if you bought the motorcycle with no title.
Learn more about motorcycle title transfers in Florida.
Florida Title & Inspection Requirements for Used Motorcycles
- Does Florida have an equipment/safety inspection?
- No regular inspection required.
- Does Florida require VIN Inspections for motorcycles bought out of state?
- Yes, VIN inspection with a Vehicle Identification Number and Odometer Verification Form required when transferring a motorcycle from another state. Usually performed by a law enforcement officer in any state or a DMV employee.
- Does Florida require a title for old motorcycles?
- Yes, all motorcycles require a title.
How to Title and Register a Motorcycle in Florida
To register and title your motorcycle in Florida, you’ll need:
- Original title signed by seller and buyer.
- Bill of sale and old registration if bought in a state that doesn’t issue titles.
- Application for Certificate of Title
- Odometer disclosure not required for motorcycles older than 10 model years.
- Title & registration fees, and taxes.
- A VIN Verification if the vehicle was purchased out of state.
Find more information about Florida motorcycle registration and registration renewal.
How to Register a Motorcycle with No Title in Florida
Here are some of your options if you bought a motorcycle with no title in Florida:
Option 1: Bikes from Florida
Before sale is complete, ask previous owner to get a duplicate title:
- Have them complete an Application for Duplicate or Lost Title Form
Learn how to replace a lost motorcycle title in Florida.
Option 2: Bikes from out of state
If the motorcycle was bought in a state that requires motorcycle titles:
- Have the previous owner request a duplicate title in that state.
- Find motorcycle registration and title details for all states here.
Option 3: Register in a No-Title State
Register the bike in a non-title, no residency requirement, mail-in registration application state, such as Vermont.
- Follow the registration requirements in Vermont.
- Transfer your registration to your own state.
Florida Street Legal Motorcycle Equipment Requirements
Motorcycles in Florida must have:
- Rearview Mirrors.
- Handlebar grips must not be above shoulder height.
- Passenger footrests required when riding with a passenger.
- Daytime headlights required.
Learn more about street legal motorcycle requirements.
This information was correct at the time of writing it, but state laws are subject to change.