Compare FREE Quotes for Motorcycle Insurance!
Rates starting at $7/month!
This page will cover the motorcycle registration and title process in Georgia and provide some tips on how to register if you bought the motorcycle with no title.
Georgia Title & Inspection Requirements for Used Motorcycles
- Does Georgia have an equipment/safety inspection?
- No motorcycle safety/equipment inspections required.
- Does Georgia require VIN Inspections for motorcycles bought out of state?
- VIN Inspection required for motorcycles with no titles.
- Does Georgia require a title for old motorcycles?
- No title for motorcycles with model year 1985 and older.
How to Title and Register a Motorcycle in Georgia
To register and title a motorcycle in GA, you need:
- Original title, registration Certificate or Bill of Sale showing chain of ownership.
- Bill of sale and old registration if bought in a state that doesn’t issue titles.
- Certification of Inspection by Law Enforcement for no-title motorcycles
- Proof of insurance.
- Proof of residency.
- Title, registration, tax fees.
Register a Motorcycle with No Title in Georgia
If you bought a motorcycle with no title in Georgia, you can either:
Option 1: Motorcycles from Georgia
Titles are not required for motorcycles older than model year 1985.
Save Money on Motorcycle Insurance
Compare quotes fast and save money!
Best providers in your area.
- Use a bill of sale or properly assigned registration certificate.
Option 2: Register in a No-Title State
Register the bike in a non-title, no residency requirement, mail-in registration application state, such as Vermont.
- Follow the registration requirements in Vermont.
- Transfer your registration to your own state.
Georgia Street Legal Motorcycle Equipment Requirements
Motorcycles in Georgia must have the following to be street legal:
- Rearview mirrors.
- Handlebar height maximum 25” above the seat.
- Passenger footrests required if carrying passengers.
- Turn signals required for motorcycles manufactured after 1972.
- Daytime headlights required.
- Footwear required.
This information was correct at the time of writing it, but state laws are subject to change.
More Georgia Motorcycle Resources
Compare FREE Online Quotes for Motorcycle Insurance!
✔Compare motorcycle insurance rates now!
✔Get matched with top providers. Switch and save.