Home » How to Register & Title Your Motorcycle » Register & Title a Motorcycle in Idaho

Help me MotorcycleZombies, you're my only hope!

Register & Title a Motorcycle in Idaho


Taking care of a task for your license or motorcycle? Be prepared to satisfy any motorcycle insurance requirements.

Please enter your ZIP to get your insurance quote.

This page will cover the street legal requirements and motorcycle registration and title process in Idaho and provide some tips on how to register if you bought the motorcycle without a title.

Learn more about motorcycle title transfers in Idaho.

Idaho Title & Inspection Requirements for Used Motorcycles

  • Does Idaho have an equipment/safety inspection?
    • Not required.
  • Does Idaho require VIN Inspections for motorcycles bought out of state?
    • Required for all motorcycles.
  • Does Idaho require a title for old motorcycles?
    • Yes, all motorcycles are titled.

How to Title and Register a Motorcycle in Idaho

To register your bike in ID, you’ll need:

Find more information about Idaho motorcycle registration and registration renewal.

Register a No Title Motorcycle in Idaho

If you bought a motorcycle with no title in Idaho, you can try the following:

Option 1: Motorcycle bought in Idaho

Before sale is complete, ask previous owner to get a duplicate title:

Learn how to replace a lost motorcycle title in Idaho.

Option 2: Bikes from out of state

If the motorcycle was bought in a state that requires motorcycle titles:

Option 3: Register in a No-Title State

Register the bike in a non-title, no residency requirement, mail-in registration application state, such as Vermont.

Idaho Street Legal Motorcycle Equipment Requirements

Motorcycles in Idaho must have the following:

  • Rearview mirror.
  • Fenders on both wheels.
  • Passenger footrest when riding with passengers.

Learn more about street legal motorcycle requirements.

This information was correct at the time of writing it, but state laws are subject to change.

More Idaho Motorcycle Resources

4 thoughts on “Register & Title a Motorcycle in Idaho”

  1. I have a 1988 lift truck three-wheel scooter never been titled all original street legal checked with two different police departments if it was stolen they both said no and it is a street-legal machine looking to get a title can you help me.

    1. motorcyclezombies

      If you’ve got any ownership & sale documents – old MCO, Bill of Sale, etc. – you can give the ID DMV a call to see what they can do, otherwise you might consider looking into going through Vermont – at the very least, you’ll need a Bill of Sale and a VIN inspection if the engine is over 500cc.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *